Son's Archery Hybrid Buck (pics)

BOHNTR

Long Time Member
Here's a photo of my 14 year old son's (Cody) first buck that makes the minimum for the state archery record book (Pacific Hybrid Deer). He arrowed the 17" forked horn on Saturday afternoon about 1/2 hour before dark. It took him a few arrows, as buck fever was definitely present but he got the job done! :)

After boning out the meat and loading both our packs, we prepared for the long hike out in the dark. Got back to the truck about 8:30 that night. He surely wasn't complaining though! Hope you enjoy.

Cody_s_Buck_10-08_009.jpg

Cody_s_Buck_10-08_012.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

That has to feel very rewarding. Congratulations to you and your son.

-Dave

Way to go! Nice to see a father and son sharing such priceless memories.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Thanks guys.....he was sure excited.

We went out again this morning for his second archery tag (either-sex). He was content with taking a doe, but with the bucks rutting, he decided to hold off again and it paid off. He arrowed this little buck at 25 yards through the heart. There's no living with him now! :).......at least until he packed out the entire boned out deer and antlers two miles......that will humble any kid won't it? Hope you enjoy.

Cody_s_Buck_11-08_015.jpg

Cody_s_Buck_11-08_014.jpg

Cody_s_Buck_11-08_010.jpg

Cody_s_Buck_11-08_019.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Thanks guys.....it was a great day.

I had another good family outing yesterday morning. With my tag yet unfilled, my son and daughter talked me into heading to the rain slicked hills and bringing them along. After spotting this buck with a doe, I began the stalk, as my kids glassed from the next ridge over. A short time later, they watched as my arrow connected and the buck was down. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday morning. :) Hope you enjoy.

Dad_s_08_Hybrid_038.jpg

BOHNTR )))---------->

Congrats to your son on a very fine animal. I canno't wait for that day myself, I still have a few years. It says alot about you taking the time and making the time for your son. Congrats again to both of you. Tell your son that is one heck of a buck and bigger then anything i have ever taken with my bow.

Slide

Nice job great first buck for your son and a great smile to boot. He's a lucky kid to have a dad such as you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom