Sons first rabbit

C

crazyaboutcoues

Thought i'd share my youngest boy's first rabbit. He's been on me to take him hunting. Especially after Tito(older brother) took a nice buck. So here's a picture of Gabriels first rabbit.

!!!Way to go Pudge!!!

fa7cffa9.jpg

That's how it all starts, pretty soon he will be highlighting all the opening days on the calendar and drooling over the Monster Muleys on this site.
That 10/22 is a great gun for young 'uns.

Rut

Thanks guys!! Gabe's going to be my hunting buddy for many years!

Rut- I bought a youth stock for that 10/22 makes a world of difference for little guys. :)

Congrats to Gabe.

As for the 22, when did you all get your little ones get their first gun? Is 3yrs too young for my daughters first BB gun and 5yrs for her first 22?

Both sons got a bb/pellet gun at 7 years old. I bought Tito a .22 at age 9. And Gabriel will be getting his first .22 this Christmas. Both my sons passed hunters safety at 9 years of age.

IMO - 5 years old may be a little to young for a .22, unless you are right there every second to make sure she's doesn't hurt herself. I don't think there is anything wrong with her shooting one.

Good Luck

:)

Thanks for the advise. Of course, I will always be right there with her when shooting :)

I got my first BB gun when I was 4 and 22 when I was 6. Congrats to your son on his firts rabbit. Makes me remmember mine.
Michael

Good job Gabe. You're already a better shot then your dad. Crazy-getting pumped for your coues hunt in 27? Right around the corner. I just hope you can shoot as good as your boy!

SCott G.

I'll have some practice on a 220+ pound whitetail first next week. Headed up to KS. :) Then I'll have to dial it down to a 90+ pound Whitetail. he he

Brings back some memories! :7 I'm shure Gabe did a fine shot:p No Doubt! Get a BIG one this year in Kansas! Good luck!

Can't beat that look. What a cool day for you guys.

My first is due in april, any suggestions for starter rifles? I hear that remmington makes a good infant stock for their bolt-actions, mabye .243....hahaha

Congratulations Gabe!!
Our daughter Bayleigh killed her first rabbit this year too! She was so excited! As for her first gun, my father-in-law bought Bayleigh a 22 last year for her 4th birthday, she loves to shoot. She still has a little trouble finding her target in the scope but one she finds it, she smacks it! She would shoot all day if you let her, but she also knows that she is not allowed to touch her gun unless she is with me or Drummond.

Tara

Way to go Gabe!!! A trophy in any boys book.
As far as the age/gun thing, a couple of years ago i was at a Elk Foundation Calf camp for the kids, they had 2 Chipmunk .22's on the raffle. I had been trying to win one of these guns for about 3 years at different banquets. Well, long story short....won them both, boy there was some pissed off people in that crowd. Had a couple of people try to buy them after the banquet...no way. But for me it was perfect, my boys were like 7 and 2, so now they both have their own gun. Of course they don't shoot it unless i am right there, I think even at 9 the oldest is still too young to be turned loose by himself. But even with peep sights he can nail a can just about every time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom