Sons muzzle loader bull

NMPaul

Great long weekend. Everyone worked hard and Zach made a great stalk to kill this bull 350 yards with a muzzle loader. He found him at about 7:30 in morning I had to pull out of my glassing spot, met up with him at 9:00. Zach did a couple mile loop to get over bedding area. Eventually found them and got his shot around 1:30. Long pack out but a beautiful bull. Just thankful to be there and still be able to enjoy the time with family and the wilderness.

9F96D195-0E49-4666-BD68-7B08759BEAEC.jpeg

2E771D33-2752-42A7-B902-A010138C089C.jpeg

tempImagev236fQ.png

Wonderful to see and congrats to him!

What's the 10-2 theory, that you can really nail them during bedding time if you are patient enough to give them space?

I hunt the same way from sun up tell sun down and I know I have been more successful because of it! Great bull congratulations! Dream bull right there

Cool looking bull, congrats to Zach and the crew. 350 is a good poke, can you share info about the rifle and setup?

Cool looking bull, congrats to Zach and the crew. 350 is a good poke, can you share info about the rifle and setup?
They are custom muzzleloaders. They one that I have is very close to shooting a 338 with a 310gr bullet. It shoots a 45cal 310gn bullet @ 2680, on top of a pile of blackhorn 209, and a CCI rifle primer. Mine is the best shooting gun I own, literally shoots through the same hole. The gun can easily do 700+ yards, but I think the terminal performance drops off sharply after 500. My son shot his bull a couple of weeks ago at 481, one shot in the lungs and it was over.

Sounds like passthrough has his system way better dialed in than us. Ours is a Remington ultimate. I think a Parker bullet.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom