South Dakota West River Deer 2021

PLK

Looking for a trespass fee hunt for 2 hunters in 2021 for mule deer or whitetail. My brother and I each have 9+ points. I’ve tried doing the research myself and have written letters to numerous property owners in different areas and haven’t received any replies. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

That is a lot of points to burn on a west river tag, I hunt there every year and you can also get a rez tag if you don't draw. Maybe look into some special hunts in the back hills before you pull the trigger. Lots of time to look into it....

Tribal tags are tough because you need a tribal member to guide you in order to hunt the Res and tribal land which can get pricey. I agree that is a lot of points, I would also look at some of the special draw tags with that many points.

I thought that West River points were only good for West River Deer and Black Hills points were only good for Black Hills deer etc. What do you mean by special draw tags? Are you referring to West River Special Buck tags? If so, my interpretation is that the Special Buck tags are good for private land only; hence the reason that I’m looking for some private land trespass fee hunts.

You are right about the points. However I always get a special buck with one point, with the points you have, you should not have a problem get a regular any buck tag Non-res. I know guys who do the rosebud guides for 500 dollars. also. hope it helps

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom