south slope diamond mt

nogoodtags

I have an archery deer tag for diamond mountain, and was planning on hunting the south rim, and jones hole rd near colorado. my question is does anyone know of a good place to camp in this part of the unit, that may have shade. from what i can tell it looks like sage and juniper. any recomendations would be great, thank you

Most of the public places to camp on the mtn don't have much shade and your right about the sage and juniper. There are a couple roads off the Jones Hole rd you can pull off and camp but, minimal shade if any. I attached a Diamond Mtn land status map which includes roads. This might help you some trying to find a place to camp (use google map to zoom in on some of the public roads).

http://www.co.uintah.ut.us/gis/Diamond Mountain Map.pdf

We'll be up there after you're done with my daughters early season bull permit. Let me know if you see any nice bulls.

Good Luck!

Smokepole

It's been a year since I have been up there hunting, but we camped in a spot that had trees and shade. PM me and I can figure a way out to give you the directions or coordinates to the spots. They are closer to the Matt Warner Reservoir though.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12 AT 07:54PM (MST)[p]i think the closest place with trees other than low junipers to the area you want to hunt is east of calder res....right off the mail draw road....big trees and plenty of grass and shade

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I would second the area around Calder reservoir to camp, there were a few people there last year, so you might want to get there a little early. Good luck.

The area around Calder is nice. But the night before the hunt last year about six to eight camps moved in there. It had a bunch of people on Saturday. I've never camped there during the hunts for that reason.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom