southeast montana

rifleman

got a deer tag this year and i plan on hunting southeast montana. hunted there in 2005 and 2006 for antelope and mule deer, but i am interested in killing a good whitetail. i assume the riverbottom country would be good, but does anyone have any recommendations as far as block management areas or public land that hold good whitetail numbers in the area? we'll be staying in broadus.

There are lot of whitetils on The powder river but nearly all of the ground is leased to outfitters. There are also some pockets of whitetails on the custer forest near Ashland and the Long Pines. The deer are much harder to hunt on the forest but I think you have a better chance at big buck. Most of the bucks on the river bottoms are shot young unless the ranch is lightly hunted. If you do hunt the forest be prepared to go home with a unfilled tag.

Antlerradar

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom