Southern New Mexico Buck

BrianID

Very Active Member
IMG_1134.jpg

This is a buck I killed in New Mexico last week. I was hunting him for 3 days before I was able to take a shot I was comfortable with. He was bedding down on top of a knob and it was difficult to get in a position close enough for a shot without him smelling or seeing me. Patience paid off and he finally gave me a good shot opportunity on the second to last day of the hunt.
He is 28" wide and I measured him at 177" gross. Below is a picture of last years buck from New Mexico. It scored about the same but his G3 flare out and he is 31.5" wide.
Hopefully I can get lucking enough to draw a good tag next year in New Mexico.
image2.jpg

I honestly think you can find 170" bucks like these in about any unit in Southern New Mexico if you put in the work. It isn't easy though. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't find a buck as good as either of these in Southern New Mexico for several years. I'm not going to share the units these deer were killed in.

Congrats again, NM has been good to you. I really like the color on last year's buck's antlers.

Thank you for not sharing what Unit!! Haha. Congrats on a couple of EXCELLENT Desert bucks. Very very few make it to that size. Well done Sir

Great bucks for sure congrats! I don't blame you for not sharing the units... Keep these places secret and don't tell a soul. Not even the unit!!!

You see a bunch of people all year on here trolling to find places to go and new hunting spots and I honestly think they're being lazy. Sorry but that's the way I see it! That may rub some people the wrong way but if the shoe fits...

Again congrats on the great NM bucks

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom