Southern NM rut?

G

GWill

Afternoon everyone...

When does the rut in the southern part of the state generally kick off? Say from Las Cruces to the Carlsbad area.

Obviously it depends on a variety of factors but generally speaking is okay...

Sure appreciate the help...

In unit 34 I have seen the rut for the whitetail usually kick in around the 3rd to 4th week in November while I have seen the rut for mule deer start as early as early December to late December. I am curious if the rut for the whitetail is going to start a little early this year as I have a 10 point whiteail 3d target in my yard and I woke up yesterday morning to find it had taken a pretty good beating by some buck. There were gouge marks, puncture holes and the head was about 10 feet from the target.

Looks like the rut for the whittail is starting to kick in. I had 3 decent whittail bucks in the yard this morning chasing and sniffing several does. Its the first whittail bucks I have had in the yard in several months.

There weren't the biggest around here but I'll see what I can do. How have you been Cookie?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom