Southern Wyoming snow

chipc

Very Active Member
I'm looking at applying for a southern Wyoming Antelope unit. Last weeks big storm has me a little worried about the conditions and potential winterkill for them. However, I looked at the I-80 Webcams from Cheyenne to Rawlins this morning and it appears there's plenty of open ground with no snow - esp the south facing sides. Anyone from down that way have any info or opinion on how bad it is - or was ? THANKS. Chip

Talked to my son this morning in Craig, Colo, just south of Baggs. They did good and only got a couple inches from the storm that hammered Cheyanne and the front range. Most of their valleys and south facing slopes are bare. Both deer and antelope in the area are looking good. They went hiking up on Cedar Mt. out of town, and there is only about 6" left on the north side.

Along Highway 34 got hammered but saw some pronghorn feeding Friday morning.
Some areas will definitely have some loss I think. We could not get in to check on horses last Friday yet due to drifts in Sybille canyon.
Wheatland area, northwest and down to Cheyenne got tons of snow. East of Laramie was way more than in town here.
Melting fast though but drifts are the problem for access right now.
The moisture was desperately needed.

email the biologist chipc : https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Law-Enforcement/Field-Personnel-Contact-Info/biologist-contact-info

They can tell you about any season changes too, should have their proposed quotas by now.

No snow once you get about 20 miles south of casper towards Rawlins. About 30 miles west of casper very little snow to shoshoni. Casper to Douglas to Cheyenne got hammered. Weird storm.

Along Highway 34 got hammered but saw some pronghorn feeding Friday morning.
Some areas will definitely have some loss I think. We could not get in to check on horses last Friday yet due to drifts in Sybille canyon.
Wheatland area, northwest and down to Cheyenne got tons of snow. East of Laramie was way more than in town here.
Melting fast though but drifts are the problem for access right now.
The moisture was desperately needed.

email the biologist chipc : https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Law-Enforcement/Field-Personnel-Contact-Info/biologist-contact-info

They can tell you about any season changes too, should have their proposed quotas by now.
Yeah, I intend to call the Bio. They are always very helpful but sometimes their opinion is a little different than yours or mine would be. I was just looking for another perspective. Thanks. Chip

I had just talked to my buddy in Cheyenne the other day...Said he had't had to shovel or pull the tractor out! He did after this...?

Screenshot_20210326-152521_Chrome.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom