Southwest Desert LE Elk Early

NVHunter1989

Last Friday I got a phone call asking me if I would like to accept a Nonresident LE Southwest Desert Elk tag that had been returned!! After getting over the shock (I only had 2 bonus points) I accepted right away. Anyways, long story short I was wondering if there are any helpful hunters out there that would be willing to share some unit information since I will have 0 days scouting in?

I have hunted the Unit for deer and killed a great 170” buck (Attached Picture for kicks) 3 years ago so I do know a few spots. Right now I am planning on hunting the UT/NV border with hiking in behind the private land on Indian Peak. Any help or information is greatly appreciated!!

DB929C1B-3FCF-4D4B-AFD2-43A41EF78435.jpeg

West desert tag deep creek ? Early Rifle ? I have a tag in the west desert. I have done some scouting Did not find any elk but from what I am being told the area changes during the hunt due to the rut. I am also from Nevada. You should look me up if it is same Hunt - packing and elk sucks if your alone.

West desert tag deep creek ? Early Rifle ? I have a tag in the west desert. I have done some scouting Did not find any elk but from what I am being told the area changes during the hunt due to the rut. I am also from Nevada. You should look me up if it is same Hunt - packing and elk sucks if your alone.
Yea I looked it up we have 2 different units unfortunately. I am in the unit to the south of you. Good luck wish we were in the same unit packing out solo does suck.

I bought the Utah spike tag and I will also be in the same area. We spent 4 days last weekend in there scouting had no problem finding elk just no spikes lol. Wish I had that bull tag. Good luck.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom