Southwest Desert muzzy

I have limited experience with the unit but every time I go out there I am surprised by the amount of elk I find. They can be anywhere on that unit. Its a tough unit to glass but they will bugle during the muzz hunt. I'd start in the wma as its some of the most glassable, listen and glass and investigate bugles.

Probably the funnest hunt I’ve been on or been a part of. I would start around spike hollow or Mountain home reseed. Week you way into sulfur springs. Also look at burnt car on the state line. Good luck! Here is my muzzy bull from a few years back.
D7BA1F54-C5CA-4BD3-9DDB-CD6666C15E45.jpeg

There are elk scattered across the entire unit. I drew archery in 2014 and shot this bull. The bulls should be screaming by the muzzy hunt and with cows. I'd focus on the burns and chainings since most of the cows will be in these areas. Don't forget that many of the bulls come into the unit from NV and by the muzzy hunt most of them will be there. The burnt car location mentioned by jtshedhead is called Mud Spring on the maps and is on the UT side of the border by Reeds Cabin Summit and is a spot to check for sure.
2014-08-30 22.23.26.jpg

Your in for a great hunt! Along with what has been stated a lot of area that hold good numbers of elk. Bulls will be fired up and easily located. I spend a lot of time on the unit helping deer and elk hunters each year. This year I have a rifle antelope tag for myself and will be helping a good friend who drew the early rifle elk tag. PM for info id be happy to give you some areas to check out! Good luck!

I think the Muzzy hits at abetter time this year than the Early Rifle. You should have a blast out there!!! Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom