Speckle Belly geese

fullcry

I'm looking to find a place to hunt Speckle Belly?s in Idaho.
I know season is almost over.
So I would go guided if that's the only option.Anyone know of a local guide?
Or any areas they have been seen?
Don?t know to much about them.
Pm me if that is better.
Thanks

Waterfowl guiding in Idaho was, is, use to be, should be, will be, maybe is, might be illegal. Who knows? It's a confusing mess. I know it use to be illegal. I know there are a couple outfits that were grandfathered in somehow but don't know who they are. Anyway I've been chasing birds pretty hard the last few weeks in SE Idaho and have not seen a single Speck. Maybe there's some on the west side. Good luck.

Good luck, I've never sniffed a speck during season in Idaho.

I think guiding is legal on private land? Not sure.

Thanks guys for responding!!!
I will have to look at SD or something.
Why do they have to make everything so complicated?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-19 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]Got me thinking, so had to look it up. Yes, I found an old link on Idaho F&G site that there was a moratorium on guiding for waterfowl on public lands. here's the link with a good explanation regarding private land guiding opportunities, albeit dated a bit. Hopefully, still accurate.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/question/guided-goose-hunts

ALSO, a quick search on-line and found an outfitter site for you for specks in ID. Just search for these guys... fourflyways.
No idea who they are or if they are worth a darn, but pretty much answered your question with a 10 second search on the internet.

Good Luck!
Dman

Well thank you very much.
You found more than me and several others.
its amazing what kids can do now a days.

Thanks Again!!

No specks in SW idaho to speak of, though four flyways will probably be happy to take your money. Never heard a good thing about them and plenty of bad. Do yourself a favor and head West, not East. Ca is the place for specks.

I found them (and some snows) back in the day, say 10-30 years ago down on the snake river between Ontario and Fort Boise. They showed up right at the end of the season, usually in singles or small groups. I shot 2 and missed another. Never a sole on the river back then...lots o birds.
I would launch in Adrian and head down river.....Good luck

They do kill a few on the west side of the state, especially in the extended later season that is open longer than the normal duck and goose seasons. They are tough to hunt in Idaho though and most the guys who kill birds have access to private and have been chasing them for a while. There just aren't a ton of birds that fly through this state.

All good info...
I have never hunted them and want one
Mounted.Those guys are incredibly
Expensive.
I could go back East for that much and be cheaper!!!
I am going to look at CA.
That sounds like a good idea.

FullCry... hah, not a kid by a long shot but I can do an internet search pretty easily.
Like i mentioned, don't know anything about that outfitter, but seems others here do... Probably, sound advice. sounds like a long shot for a speckeled in ID. Might make it more of a trophy for you with the challenge though ;-)
good luck on your quest!

Dman

Ya
I'm gonna take that advice.And I don't have 20 years to run into any.LOL
THANKS for the heads up guys.
Going to Cally.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom