Speed Goat

NeMont

Long Time Member
Spent the deer and elk opener filling my antelope tag.

2C5C0D92-634E-4DB3-B500-F0F6801E3BEC.jpeg

50439058-7D00-4781-946A-24CD159C2D7F.jpeg

Congrats!!

Hey Nemont is it normal for Montana not to be crowded on opening day??? I have a non-resident general deer and I saw no other hunters which is nice. Saw 100 deer on Saturday and maybe 60 or so on sunday. I know sunday I saw some of the same ones from Saturday. But no bucks with the wow factor. If I cant find a decent one I will probably head to eastern Montana. My wifes family has 20,000 acres and I have hunted it several times. I just don't care for the long drive.

Weird opener this year, I think the weather kept many opening day hunters at home. I also think like most years the big boys will start showing up in about 10 to 14 days when the rut really starts kicking in. I wasn't really even looking for deer and counted 68 just out in fields and of those 29 were dink bucks.

I saw not one single hunter anywhere on Saturday, including on the road to and from which is very unusual. Kind of a nice change.

Nemont

Congratulations

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom