Speed Loaders

Slayer

What speed loaders do you recommend? I have looked at them and not sure which would be best. I have .50 cal and 209 primer. I like the T/C ones that have the little compartment for the primer, but not sure about having the bullet and pellets/ powder in the same compartment. Thoughts?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-18 AT 08:40AM (MST)[p]>I use these.
>
>https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/153/1
>
>
>What I have been doing is
>using a round ball with
>a very tight dry patch
>to separate it into two
>departments. I can move the
>ball in and out to
>make it just right for
>the load i'm using. You
>need two departments for loose
>powder and bullet. I like these speed loaders because the rubber caps seal very tight. You can float them on water and they won't leak. Yet, they're easy to flick on and off.
>
>However, i'm looking at the ones
>made for shotguns. They come
>with two departments.
>
>For primers I just put 6-7
>209 primers in my vest
>pocket. Easy to grab one
>when needed.

I have used TC, CVA, Knight speedloaders over the years but now I just use some vials from Arrowhead Sporting Goods. The larger tubes hold a 300 gr saboted bullet and 85.0 gr of BH209 just fine. I also store them in a plastic cartridge box designed for Ultra Mag/338 Lapua cartridges.

yep, bullet in first then powder so when I unscrew the lid, the powder goes in first then the bullet comes out. It works great. When I shoot my smokeless muzzleloader, I typically just use the smaller vials and only hold the powder. I have a few bullets in other vials.

Nope, the gap is large enough to allow the bullet/sabot to flow smoothly but not large enough to allow BH209 kernels to slip past it.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, you be the judge. This is the 10ml vial loaded with a 300 gr SST in a Harvester sabot with 120 gr by volume of BH209 behind it.

vial1.jpg

vial2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom