Spend and blame

Long Time Member
FOR a guy who talks so much about wanting a new era of re sponsibility, President Obama spends an awful lot of time blaming Republicans for all the wild and reckless spending he crammed into his own budget.

After running a campaign against the $1 trillion deficit he "inherited" from President Bush and the Republicans, Obama quickly matched it. During his first 50 days in office, he and his Democratic-controlled Congress spent $1 billion an hour.

Under Obama's proposed budget, the overall national debt doubles in five years and triples in 10.

Not exactly "moving from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest," as he promised.

How does Mr. Responsibility explain the disconnect between this reality and his absurd claims? By insisting that Republicans were worse.

"To a bunch of the critics out there, I've already said, show me your budget!" he told a gathering of wealthy Democratic donors this week. "I'm happy to have that debate."

Or, another time: "I suspect that some of those Republican critics have a short memory, because as I recall I'm inheriting a $1.3 trillion deficit, annual deficit, from them."

In other words, Obama cannot defend his decision to double down on deficit spending. So, he simply trashes Republicans.

As if voters right now are looking for somebody just not as bad as the GOP. As if his campaign slogan wasn't "Change You Can Believe In," but rather "Vote for Me. I'm Not as Bad as Republicans."

Anyway, Republicans tried this out-of-control spending derby -- and just look where that got them. In a few short years, they lost control of every single lever of power exactly because of this kind of behavior.

Yet in even less time, Obama has put away his promises of Hope and Change and tossed aside the idealism of his campaign about remaking politics in Washington.

Surveying the political landscape here today, Obama is thinking of that adage cherished by cutthroats everywhere.

If you and a buddy are walking through the woods and encounter a hungry, angry bear, you don't have to outrun the bear. You simply have to outrun your buddy.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

It took Bush 8 years to double the debt so Obama might beat him, he didn't have anyone to blame we just grinned along with him.

So Obama has someone to blame even if it is pretty lame, what's the conservatives excuse?

>It took Bush 8 years to
>double the debt so Obama
>might beat him, he didn't
>have anyone to blame we
>just grinned along with him.
>
>
> So Obama has someone to
>blame even if it is
>pretty lame, what's the conservatives
>excuse?

Do two wrongs now make a right? That's it!!! Two drunken sailors now make an investor. Thanks for clearing that up dude.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-09 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]I didn't say it made it right, I'm saying why all the sudden the interest in the massive national debt we've been enjoying for some time?

Where were you when our debt hit 25k per person? 30k ? 35k ? now that Obama is in office and we're headed towards 40k a head it's all the sudden a big deal. at this point with a family of 4 owing $144,000 everyone decides to sit up and take notice, WOW it's important
not to let it hit $150,000 ? I gave up a few years ago, it's too late to turn this thing around now.

Hypocrisy is the point I was getting at, I don't think you missed it you just ignored it.

>I didn't say it made it
>right, I'm saying why all
>the sudden the interest in
>the massive national debt we've
>been enjoying for some time?
>
>
> Where were you when our
>debt hit 25k per person?
>30k ? 35k ? now
>that Obama is in office
>and we're headed towards 40k
>a head it's all the
>sudden a big deal. at
>this point with a family
>of 4 owing $144,000 everyone
>decides to sit up and
>take notice, WOW it's importand
>not to let it hit
>$150,000 ? I gave
>up a few years ago,
>it's too late to turn
>this thing around now.
>
> Hypocrisy is the point I
>was getting at, I don't
>think you missed it you
>just ignored it.

Conversely dude, that was exactly my point to illustrate your hypocrisy, and you took the bait exactly as I knew you would. Your reaction to everything is the precise polar opposite of your critical rhetoric with everything. The pendulum just swings the other extreme with your viewpoints. That does not make you any less of hypocrite. While you were screaming mad over the last 8 years suddenly you turn a blind eye and everything is hunky dory. Or perhaps you win the argument because you lay down the fight, but it would be nice just once to see you peform the same litmus test equally.

There are two sides to fiscally responsible values, lower taxes, and lower government spending. The last 8 years were a failure at the latter. The next 4-8 will be a failure at both.

I can't ignore it. My tax bill won't permit it.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

What part of it's too late don't you get? here is where we are today.

We owe $36,125.77 each on the debt, how many pay little or no taxes? maybe one in three of us are the main tax payers in the US so that means we owe around $100,000 each plus or minus. figure 5% interest on that then each of us forking out on this debt is racking up 5 grand a year IF we stopped adding to it and borroed no more money. what are the chances of that even if Obama was as tight as bark on a tree? so lets just say we only added debt at the rate Bush did for the next 8 years which is a little unrealistic during a depression, that means we'd owe about $140,000 plus 5% interest for 8 years would bring it up to $180,000 and that's not even compounding or interest on the increase so this figure is low.

Are you going to pay your share? when? see where I'm going with this? IT'S TOO LATE. I'm not in any way excusing Obama he's WAY too lose with a buck, I just don't really think it matters at this point. IF we ever pay it off it will be because we inflated it away or went bankrupt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom