Sportsmans Warehouse

J

Jake_Sorensen

has anyone bought their bow from Sportsmans Warehouse? I looke at Sportmans Archery(pro shop) this weekend and everything was out of my price range but Sportmans Warehouse has a bow (PSE Nova) that seems nice and is in my price range, and was wondering if they are a very good store to buy a bow from, can they adjust the draw length and draw weight or would I have to take it somewhere to get it adjusted? Thanks for your help,

Jake

LAST EDITED ON Oct-27-03 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]Jake,

I will probably never buy another bow from anybody except Roy and Kat's Archery in Brigham City, VERY GOOD people to work with. Give Roy a price and he can get you into the best bow around. I've seen him put together a couple bows with blem risers & limbs that ended up costing way under retail. You may think you don't want a bow with blem parts, but your gonna scratch it up worse after one day in the field anyways, and it shoots the same. Roy and Kat also sell brand new shiny bows too though. I would definatly suggest seeing them. They run the shop out of their basement, so they don't have "set" hours, just whenever they are home, give them a call first.435-723-7521

Sportsmans is a good reputable store, and they could probably get you going with a new setup......HOWEVER.... I strongly recommend you purchase your bow from a pro shop. While the guys at the warehouse are usually "ok", you just can't beat the expertese you will find at a pro shop. It is worth paying a little extra for. Tell the shop what the warehouse is selling their Nova for, and see how close they can come to matching it.

I bought my Bowtec Extreme VFT from Sportsman 8 months ago in Salem oregon. Onsight techs, 20yrd shooting lane, knowledgable staff. What more could you ask for? I guess it depends on the staff that is working for a certain store. SALEM SPORTSMANS ROCKS!!!

jeremy, mulino oregon

Don't be in to much of a hurry Jake. SHop around, Jake's is a reputable place as well as many others.

Check out the stuff they have at Jakes Archery in Orem. My buddy bought a PSE Nova there two years ago and he is still shooting it. Their number is 225-9202. They have a great staff and always helpful with a ton of nice equipment. I agreee with everyone else in that a pro shop is the way to start. Good luck to ya!!

I live in rural Wyoming. Like 50 miles to get bread and 110 miles+ to go to McRunnies. I bought my bow on ebay and had Sportsman's Warehouse down in Loveland Colorado set it up, tune it and do all the work for me. They are first class and did a very good job for me, at a reasonable price. So maybe it depends upon the store, and the staff on hand. The one in Loveland is really good.

Jim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom