spot and stalk mt lion in Utah

I purchase a H/O tag every year....just in case. H/O is not good for all units I know. plus relatives have hounds so is always fun to see such a majestic animal.

Had an opportunity in Arizona a few years ago, had it there dead to rights at 200 yard except it had kittens was cool to watch them for a while though

Hopefully you can spot one when it is stalking you, then you can tag it if you shoot it

As many deer are left in the bookcliffs I would find a deer spend a week watching it and kill one of the MANY lions that try to kill it during that week.

It's for opportunity, just in case you see one. Plus $$$ for F&G. Wish they would just do like Idaho and let you tag lion or bear with your big game tag (Deer or Elk) if you see one on the hunt and wish to shoot it.

However, I will always purchase one just in case!!!

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or the dumbest comment of the week....
Dumbest comment of the week.

as long as they offer the opportunity, I’ll buy one. Occasionally I’ve run into them hunting deer and elk, or shed hunting and never have had a permit for one. It’ll be a nice addition to the tag pile in the pocket for the ‘just in case’ scenario, but won’t ever put any effort into actually hunting them.

Sarcasm. 17 cats killed and it’s February! But there is still a pile left!
There's very very few cats left on the Bookcliffs. I'd say we need to quit beating this dead horse, but dead horses would do wonders for the Bookcliffs. The cats aren't the problem out there. There are far less cats now than when the deer herd was good. They need to shut down deer and elk hunting on the Books for at least 5 years.

Yep. I’ve been cat hunting out there for 15 years and elk deer and lion population have went down. Horses are doing amazing though! Saw 100+ today actually!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom