Spot and Stalk Mt. Lion Tags!

I bought mine. Over the years of hunting other stuff, I’ve run into lions occasionally. Might as well have a tag for one if I do see another this year while hunting deer or elk

I had never really paid attention to mountain lions, as I had not seen to many of them. But in the last few years, with spending even less time in the hills then I did when I was younger without a family/kids. I have seen more cats each year consecutively.

so I picked one up.

38AFABE7-9F75-4579-863E-6F10DFC115F4.jpeg
This trail cam pic was taken about a mile from my cabin in Colorado. That said, in over 30 years of hunting and summer hiking trips in CO, I have never seen a cat

Az used to sell them to you for $1. Shot my lion while it was putting a stalk on some bighorns in the Galuiro mountains.

I wish Colorado would do the same.

40 years of hunting and exploring tge great outdoors i have yet to see a mountain lion that was not crossing through my head lights at night.
But as long as the DWR will let me have a tag I will be carrying one on my pocket.
It is $ 30 to the DWR but it might be a dead cat in the back of my pickup

I haven’t Personally seen a lion for a couple years now, but before then I would see at least 1 a year. Hope I see one this year!

can you still use your Idaho deer tag on a lion??.....I always thought that was a good regulation.....
Have a friend from back East that got one on his deer license I think 3 yrs ago, I wouldn’t mind using a deer tag on a lion or a wolf and yes I believe Idaho still lets you do it.

One of the best things Utah has done in a long time. Still wish they worked it like Idaho, lots more guys would have the option. Shot one a couple years ago in Idaho on the archery elk hunt, but didn’t end up finding it. Sucks, I would have much rather got a lion then an elk. Looked like a big sucker.

Yes, in Idaho you can still use your non-resident deer or elk tags to take a black bear, mt lion, or wolf. Conditional that a deer or elk season is open where you are, and also that the season is open for whatever other species you take. For a lot of NR's, it would be a no-brainer to take a animal you might never see or hunt any other way!!

Oregon has a lot of cougar and unlimited over the counter tags. You can even kill two with the additional cougar tag after you check in #1. Spot and stalk or calling is whats legal. They make excellent taco's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom