Spot X messenger

rachele39

Wondering if anyone has used the new Spot X Bluetooth Messenger. I have an old plb that I don’t want to replace the battery in and would like to be able to check in with my wife when I can’t get cell service. Some reviews and YouTube videos I’ve checked say big problems sending/receiving messages and don’t get it, others say it’s fine. It has service you can get for a month or two out of the year and it’s more affordable than the in reach versions. Need it for a Utah sheep hunt, don’t hunt out of the country.
Appreciate any input.

hawkbill

I just bought one, sent a couple of messages, my wife got the messages. She said she did not get the check in, ok. It seems to work but have not put a lot of time into it yet. We will see next week when I’m Sheep Hunting.

rachele39

Appreciate it. That’s what I’ve heard and that they take longer to send and receive messages. The one thing I like about it is the s.o.s. Says you have two way communication so you know they have actually got the call and what’s going on. Bunch on sale right now but I saw the inreach mini at Costco yesterday too. Decision time, thank you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom