Spotlighting???

• Thread starter coolspringoutfitters
  • Start date
C

coolspringoutfitters

Just a quick question... The DNR says that it is legal to spotlight in 16 counties... Does anyone know which ones are legal? And would I need to let anyone know (law enforcement) if we were going out to do some coyote hunting?

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

I know it's not legal in iron, washington, or millard county, if that helps you out any. I do believe you need to let the county sherrif know your spotlighting, location, vehicle those kinds of things.

In the counties in Utah that you can spotlight in, it is illegal to spotlight and have a gun in your possesion which makes it illegal to hunt coyotes at night with a spotlight.

I thought you could spotlight anywhere in utah, just can't have a gun in the truck.

A fish cop pulled me over one night, checked everything and said spotlighting is like walking into a bank with a ski mask on. Not illegal but not a very good idea.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I think he is asking where it is legal to hunt with a spotlight.....

It is legal everywhere to drive around without a gun and shine a light......

It IS also legal in some areas to hunt 'yotes at night with the use of a spotlight.....

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

It is legal in San Juan county. We just get a permit from the sheriff that lasts for one year. They are free. The spotlight can not be used from a vehicle.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom