Spotting scope help!

buckhorn

Very Active Member
I have a Swarovski STS 20-60x S
It’s an older model I bought in May 2004.
I want to change the eye cup and called Swarovski tech and they said it should twist out counterclockwise.
When I turn it counterclockwise it turns the eye relief out and then comes to a sudden stop. No matter how hard I try to turn it further counterclockwise it will not move. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Thank you Bill and thank you Doug.
I got in touch with Dave at Sworovski.
gr8fuldoug gave me his number and extension.
He confirmed what Hawkbill said.
That eyecup will thread out counter clockwise but after 16 years of serious use and abuse it must be pretty well stuck in there.
Dave at Sworovski told me to go ahead and try like hell to turn it out. He said if I break something it’s no problem they will fix it for no charge.
However I am going to wait until I’m finished using it for the year before I give it a hard twist.
After 16 years of hard use that scope has never given me a single problem other than that rubber armored ring on the eyecup finally wearing out. Even that was due to abuse on my part.
Gotta love Sworovski’s quality and warranty.!
Thanks again fellas!

Buckhorn,
Dont be afraid to send the spotter back to Swarovski. They will clean and service it free of charge and it will be “like new” when you get it back. Just don’t procrastinate once your season is over; a lot of folks wait until late summer/early fall to send them in for service.

The last time I sent my binos in, they called me and asked if I would like new glass put in and the body recoated for 200.00. I said sure why not. My old beat up, chipped glass binos came back new.

I had an older pair of 8x32's I bought used, they needed some love so I sent them in and they came back like new.
then I upgraded several years back 10 x 42's had them ever since I try to send them in every year (skipped) this past year but will do it after my Jan archery Coues hunt, just to get cleaned and adjusted if needed.
you won't be disappointed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom