Spotting Scope

Buck300

Looking for a good won't break the bank spotting scope for back country use. What have you guys used that is decent?

I got a vortex RAZOR® HD 22-48X65 (ANGLED) we like it a lot. BTW it's for sale too. Been in a case since new, never left the truck, and we don't use it. Just sits in the safe. Excellent condition. Have the original box too. It's a good scope for what we used it for but find we use our compact scopes more often.

I'm a big fan of the Zeiss Gavia 85 angled. It's a bit bulky but skinny scopes aren't really that useful if your binos aren't enough. It does still fit in a side pocket on the pack though.

Under $2K and very, very sharp with a great focusing ring.

PXL_20201118_144059489.jpg

I got a vortex RAZOR® HD 22-48X65 (ANGLED) we like it a lot. BTW it's for sale too. Been in a case since new, never left the truck, and we don't use it. Just sits in the safe. Excellent condition. Have the original box too. It's a good scope for what we used it for but find we use our compact scopes more often.

How much looking to get for it?

how much?

The Maven CS.1 is another reasonably priced spotter that is very light and trim. Perfect for packing into the backcountry. If you can't swing for a Kowa 553/554, then the Maven CS.1 or a Athlon Ares 15-45x65 is a terrific option.

Buy that Razor used for 700. I paid 500 for a new vortex diamondback and I love it. I'm sure the razor is worth a bit more for a bit more quality. Like I said I love the diamondback for an entry level price. I can't spend any more but it has performed well for me

I love it. It a a perfect spotter to throw in your pack. I would match it against any spotter in the same size class. I also have an 88mm Kowa spotter that stays closer to the truck.

If you're looking for lightweight, check out the Kowa 55. The 55 and 88 both have Pure Flourite lenses while the 66 & 77 have the XD lenses.

The new 99 combines both of them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom