Spotting scope

C

crazy4muleys

I am in the market for a spotting scope. I would like to hear your views on which ones you have experience with. I am looking to spend $350-400. Any and all info is appreciated.

Thanks Jesse

I like the Leopold Wind River Scope alot in that price range, also the Burris. Both have worked fine for everything I have asked of them, Good sharpness and early morning brightness.

I have the Nikon Sky & Earth 20x60 80mm. It cost around $520 but they also have the 60mm for around $320. It comes with a tripod and outer shell. It has a built in retractable sunshade. It does have slight blurring around the outer most edges less then a 1/16 of an inch. I love mine for the money I paid. I compared it to the Windriver and the sighttron. I could not tell that much diffrence between the 3. The nikon came with the 80mm so the light gathering was much better and of course the built in sunshade. They did come out with a new model called the realtree I think. It is the 60mm with fully camoed scope and tripod, no outer shell. Not sure on a price for that one.
Good luck and let us know what you decided.

Thanks for your help. I will be going up to sportsmans warehouse in Northern Utah this weekend and will let you know what I get.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Jesse

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom