Spring Bear

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Hello everyone, I would love to talk to some people that know their stuff about bear hunting in idaho. I have hunted bears quite a bit, however, I've only shot one ?. I have a late season spot that I go to end of June that I will keep going. However, I'm trying to find an early season spot like late April early may. Last year I hit unit 39. I have packgoats and like to get into the backcountry for the experience. I did not see any boars in 39. I I'm kind of figuring that area out and have an idea of where to go this year. With that said, I'm not sure it's that great of an area? I hear these stories and see these videos of people seeing a dozen bears and tagging out almost yearly. I would like to stay away from the panhandle area, it is just too far away.
I'm just looking for an area to get back in with the pack goats and have a good hunt. I'll probably just head to 39 again unless someone can talk me out of it and tell me there's much better areas. Send me a PM if you would like that's probably better. Thanks everyone!

Check out the Snake River side of 22, plenty of canyons and basins to get back into and the area is loaded with bear. You can come in from the top around the Cuprum area and drop off to the river or do the reverse and come in from the bottom.

Check out the Snake River side of 22, plenty of canyons and basins to get back into and the area is loaded with bear. You can come in from the top around the Cuprum area and drop off to the river or do the reverse and come in from the bottom.
Lots of bears. With the new regulations a lot of it’s open but there’s still potential to be in an area that you’d need to have drawn the tag, 1 mile of private covers a lot of that unit but I could see a guy getting jammed up. I don’t know why they didn’t just drop the draw and open the unit

Lots of bears. With the new regulations a lot of it’s open but there’s still potential to be in an area that you’d need to have drawn the tag, 1 mile of private covers a lot of that unit but I could see a guy getting jammed up. I don’t know why they didn’t just drop the draw and open the unit
100 percent accurate, probably a few spots you could take some pack goats into and still be legal but probably not far enough to get away from the houndsmmen.

How do you guys feel about 31 versus 22 as far as hunting within a mile of private. On onx it looks like within one mile of private would not cover a whole lot. Probably more than I realize I guess? Also I can't see where the snake river runs through 22, what would be considered the snake riverside. You guys can always PM me if you would rather. Thanks so much!

Snake rivers the west border of both units. 31 is a lot smaller. I killed my bear in there this year but I was in private . Hounds will piss you off in both units

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom