Spring bears

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Question for you folks from Idaho. If, I was to head your way for a spring bear hunt who do you recommend for an outfitter? Thanks.

Don't really know. Was told Idaho had lots of color phase bears and a spring season. Did a Google search with lots of outfitter hits. Just looking for recommendations.

lots of bears ALL across Idaho you will need to decide where you are going to hunt 1ST !! there are loads of bears around the state . some things to consider are you wanting to do spot & stalk hunt over bait or run behind those Annoying Dawgs !!

Consider looking into Clark fork Outfitters, in Units 4, and 4a. These Units have recently had the seasons extended, and you can now take two bears in these Units. The new rules are an attempt by IDFG to slow predation on elk calves.

I have not hunted with Leon, but I spend a lot of time in these Units trapping wolves, and have gotten to know him. Straight up guy that works hard and knows his bears. I would also recommend him to anyone looking for a lion hunt, he is having another great season on lions.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Seven Devils Outfitters is an option for spot and stalk bear- no baiting in their unit.You hunt mostly private ground- although that private ground is in the states best bear unit, with non-residents drawing at sub 5%. Accommodations are pretty luxurious. Opportunity to take a B&C color-phase bear any day of the hunt. I don't personally use outfitters, but this would provide a guy with a unique hunt in some of North Americas most scenic country.

Silver Spurs outfitter and Lodge in Dixie! iD. They have a gorgeous lodge, good food, friendly owners and lots of bears. I have never hunted bears there but have seen the pics and talked to the game agent. They take a lot of color phase bears.

Mike Henne

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-16 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]We see lots of colors in the panhandle. I took the blondest I've seen couple of years ago. We have bears all over, but to start narrowing choices, I'd start with any of the two bear units. Unit 1 is bait and dog free if you are looking for spot and stalk it's a great area.
https://youtu.be/5Zau8PpRbTw

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom