Spring coyote hunt

snoodafruff

My son & I got out for some spring dog hunting this weekend. It had been 3 years since we coyote hunted together (way too long!!) and he is leaving in 3 months to serve an LDS mission. We’re trying to do as much of his fun hobbies as possible before he leaves. Next month we’ll be bear hunting on San Juan. He also wants to do a fishing trip so I want to float the green with him & hopefully get him on Fish lake one last time before his 2 year hiatus. I’m really gonna miss him, so I think these quality time, memory making excursions are as much for me as they are for him.

We had a great hunt, and an exceptional weekend together enjoying the outdoors doing what we love, talking about life, catching up, listening, making memories, & doing what dads & sons do. I cherish weekends like this because it seems like yesterday he was just a little shaver. Now I’m looking up at him, jobs, girls, friends, other hobbies….his busy life, it’s hard carving out some time with just us. It’s crazy how fast they grow up & now I’m sending him out in the world.

We called in 2 singles, & 1 double. We also had 1 circle us from way out. We only ended up with 1 dead dog, 1 miss, & a blown chance, but it still was such a good time with my boy.

8D6440E7-FDFE-4603-A5C4-BBC0C6769706.jpeg

5EBA4D8A-84AA-4FEC-A9D4-7BBD5BBD7836.jpeg

lol i feel bad for him although he will be with in driveing distance of some great fresh water fishing and decent hunting and walking distance of saltwater fishing if he doesnt get mugged murdered or mayhemed first
have family that live in the state i wish him the best

My son & I got out for some spring dog hunting this weekend. It had been 3 years since we coyote hunted together (way too long!!) and he is leaving in 3 months to serve an LDS mission. We’re trying to do as much of his fun hobbies as possible before he leaves. Next month we’ll be bear hunting on San Juan. He also wants to do a fishing trip so I want to float the green with him & hopefully get him on Fish lake one last time before his 2 year hiatus. I’m really gonna miss him, so I think these quality time, memory making excursions are as much for me as they are for him.

We had a great hunt, and an exceptional weekend together enjoying the outdoors doing what we love, talking about life, catching up, listening, making memories, & doing what dads & sons do. I cherish weekends like this because it seems like yesterday he was just a little shaver. Now I’m looking up at him, jobs, girls, friends, other hobbies….his busy life, it’s hard carving out some time with just us. It’s crazy how fast they grow up & now I’m sending him out in the world.

We called in 2 singles, & 1 double. We also had 1 circle us from way out. We only ended up with 1 dead dog, 1 miss, & a blown chance, but it still was such a good time with my boy.

View attachment 74779

View attachment 74780
Nice!

Yeah I’m trying to be positive & happy for him, but if I’m being honest, I’m pretty scared as a parent. He’s going to be exposed to the worst humanity has to offer. I fear for his physical safety, his mental & emotional well-being. I hope it’s a good experience for him. It doesn’t have to be (and frankly I don’t want it be) easy. He needs to be stretched, & put in difficult situations because that builds character, BUT I don’t want him to be miserable for 2 years! I hope he finds joy & purpose in serving. And most of all I hope it doesn’t harden or callus his soul as he generally has a happy disposition & positive outlook on life.

My time spent in NY,NY was a eye opener. I found that the people were very nice, it was just a bit more fast paced than UT.

Thanks treedagain for sharing your positive insight & experience. Full disclosure, I’ve never personally been to the big city. I spent awhile in upstate New York & loved it.
There’s good & bad folks wherever you go.

Awesome - glad you are getting to spend some quality time with your son before he leaves!

My wife is from New York and I have spent plenty of time back east to know I don't want to live there, not because I have ever felt unsafe, but because it is too crowded and fast paced. He will be fine and will be taken care of out there, I have no doubt. The contrast between NY and the west will help him appreciate home even more, which is not a bad thing. He will have a great experience - best of luck to him and to you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom