Squash

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I saw a video today on freeze drying squash. Butternut and Acorn squash were FD. He rehydrated then baked the chunks of Butternut in foil and also the Acorn which were freeze dried in rings. He pureed the baked Butternut and added brown sugar, butter and chopped pecans. He spooned that into the Acorn squash rings . Looked amazing. Now you don't have to freeze dry- just bake the Acorn rings and bake the Butternut Squash then make the meal.
Anyone ever try this ?

Seems like a bunch of work. We usually just clean and wipe down, and keep whole in the cool basement. Some like spaghetti of butternut we cook, and then freeze in zip lock freezer bags

Zucchini and Crookneck are were the squash family stops for me.

I’m fixing to buy a freeze dryer, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looks like the Harvest Right products control the home market????

If that is, in fact, the only opinion does anyone have a Monster Mule Discount code they would be willing to share?

I'm about to plant some Heirloom "Tatume" Summer squash.
Little round pumpkin looking things up to 3lbs that grow like a vine.
Going to see how it will do on a trellis.

I'm about to plant some Heirloom "Tatume" Summer squash.
Little round pumpkin looking things up to 3lbs that grow like a vine.
Going to see how it will do on a trellis.
Just planted my Tatume. Got three plants up, also planted some “golden egg” zucchini type squash, yellow squash and patty pan. Going to be a squash filled summer if all produce!

Lumpy we have a Medium Harvest Right. Can't get as much in as a large . The problem with a large is you need a dedicated 20 amp breaker. The new models have a better vacuum pump and the program board has a lot of options. I don't have any info with other brands.
If you want a long term supply of food then a FD is the way to go. There are online forums where you can learn so much . Stores if they are worth their salt will give demos and answer many questions.
Besides processing our garden food, processing meat and fruits from the store you can buy clearance price food that didn't sell alot or is nearing expiration and FD that too.
Fun for FD candy for Christmas gifts or selling the Freeze dried candy for big profits.
There are some things you can't FD like chocolate and butter.
You can DM if you want and I could answer questions or by phone.

Lumpy we have a Medium Harvest Right. Can't get as much in as a large . The problem with a large is you need a dedicated 20 amp breaker. The new models have a better vacuum pump and the program board has a lot of options. I don't have any info with other brands.
If you want a long term supply of food then a FD is the way to go. There are online forums where you can learn so much . Stores if they are worth their salt will give demos and answer many questions.
Besides processing our garden food, processing meat and fruits from the store you can buy clearance price food that didn't sell alot or is nearing expiration and FD that too.
Fun for FD candy for Christmas gifts or selling the Freeze dried candy for big profits.
There are some things you can't FD like chocolate and butter.
You can DM if you want and I could answer questions or by phone.
Thanks DM, I will do that. I’m going to get serious about a purchase this spring so I can preserve a bunch this summer and fall. I’ll PM you in a day or to. I appreciate the response back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom