Starter bow for a kid

mtmuley

Long Time Member
Hey guys, my son wants to start shooting a bow. Since I don't, I need some help. ( I may start also) What is a good starter rig that he can possibly grow into at least for a couple years? I don't want to spend a fortune, but also want something decent. Maybe somewhere used equipment is sold? Thanks guys. mtmuley

you need to say how old and tall the kid is.

who farted?

I just bought my grandson (11 years old) the 2013 Diamond Infinite Edge 6 months ago with the ready to hunt package for $349.00 at Bass Pro Shop.

They come in 3 colors as well, camo, black ops and pink camo. Draw length adjust 17 inches out to 30 inches, drawn weight is 5 pounds out to 70 pounds at an IBO of 310 fps. This is a great kids bow and it is the real deal. It doesnt look or feel like a kids bow. It tunes well and it's quiet, fast and has smooth draw cycle. My Grandson can shoot this bow for the rest of his life if he chooses too. Right now we have him sighted out to 40 yards and doing quite well. He loves the bow. BTW, I know some adults that have purchased this bow as well.

GBA

I am a big fan of the 2013 Diamond infinite edge set up. My son shot the predecessor the Diamond Razor Edge until he wanted a faster bow and bought one himself from age 11-15. The new infinite edges have even more growth range and press free adjustability. Currently bowhunter super store has them on sale for $295 ready to shoot just buy arrows. The other great thing about these is if he looses interest the hold resale very well.

I bought a hoyt rukus jr. for each of my kids for Christmas....shhh! The rukus and the diamond infinity edge were both recommended by the shop I go to. No official word on performance yet, but both bows should last for a handful of years. That's how I justified the price tag.

Another vote for the diamond infinite edge. I went through the same process this fall with my daughter (10). It is a great bow for kids and like stated above it comes ready to shoot except arrows/release. She can shoot it for the rest of her life. I have since bought a second one for my youngest daughter (7) years old.
She hasn't shot it yet though cause it is a christmas present.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Agree with the infinite edge, I just bought 4 of them for Christmas presence myself! I shot these bows last year at the NABA show, I was very impressed for the $$

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-13 AT 06:42AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-13 AT 06:41?AM (MST)

Here is a group from my 10 year old daughter. She has been shooting the diamond bow since this fall. :)
Granted it is only like 10 yards but now that her groups are getting tight she wants to start moving back.. :)
again I think its a outstanding bow cause she can shoot it all the way into adulthood...

and proud of her too :)

also, she is so wanting to do a "robin hood", when she finally does get one, everyone along the front range will hear her cheering, lol
7348target.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom