state employee's

REDDOG

Long Time Member
anyone here employed by the state? i hear they are furlohing you and then plan to pay you with monopoly money when you do come back cuz the banks told them to stick their IOU'S?

sounds like a worthwhile cause for some of the un spent 400 billion in the "stimulus". but they will proby use it for more important stuff, like harvest mice..

I work for the state. It is a bad deal and we are being used as political pawns. None of my salary comes from the general fund, mine come from tag sales and federal PR dollars. It saves the state nothing but cost the local economy because me and thousands like me took a pay cut while saving the state zero dollars. Politicians are so messed up. But what can you do? Nothing.

Joe

saw 11 mature bulls in 1 group at wind wolves last week Joe, when can we expect that "limited" archery hunt ???

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Ya I put my people and myself on 4 days weeks, that is 20%. Why is it state employees think they are exempt. We at least still make money so we can pay their salaries. Hey Joe, the Cache creek unit should be expanded to include some of the near by ranches. I saw a bull on Thursday evening that will beat them all! unreal 8x8 long tines and mass +length. I would let a hunter do it no charge.

Why is it that they cut the state workers, schools, parks, useful stuff, yet no talk of cutting our biggest expense, welfare and entitlement programs? CA should as a minimum cut that to below surrounding states...Or at least the same % as all other cuts...Wonder how much it costs a CA taxpayer to give an addict a free shot of Demeoral in an emergency room because the addict is in "PAIN"? Make the workers suffer the pain of budget cuts, but not the leeches?

>Why is it that they cut
>the state workers, schools, parks,
>useful stuff, yet no talk
>of cutting our biggest expense,
>welfare and entitlement programs? CA
>should as a minimum cut
>that to below surrounding states...Or
>at least the same %
>as all other cuts...Wonder how
>much it costs a CA
>taxpayer to give an addict
>a free shot of Demeoral
>in an emergency room because
>the addict is in "PAIN"?
>Make the workers suffer the
>pain of budget cuts, but
>not the leeches?

You would think the unions that represent state employees would catch on after this mess? I mean the same liberal retards they tell you to vote for are the ones who refuse to cut entitlement spending.I like how the unions push big spending as "creating jobs" and puting food on the working mans table, but at the same time the taxes and regulations that come with it put the EMPLOYERS out of buisness. Being in a union for a couple of years...one that represents most of caltrans, I have never seen as many retarded...miss informed voters in my life.

I know not all state employees are this way, but the percentage is high.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Wind wolves is on my list but since they are private property there is not much I can do to force them to have a hunt. What I can do is put a zone in that area and any of the other properties that want can hunt elk. Not perfect but better than nothing. Some of the things we are considering for changes is expanding zones or adding new zones to areas that contain elk but currently have no zone (such as areas around Cache Creek, lake pillsbury, etc).
I think most state employees realized some reduction was going to happen and could understand (not happy about it). But what many do not realize is that there are thousands of state employees whose salary does not come out of the general fund, it comes from special funds (which can not be used to offset the budget deficit) or come from dedicated federal funds again which can not be used to offset the budget problem. Salaries are such a small part especially when you look at what comes out of the general funds that it does not matter for balancing the budget (I know it matters to some degree). We are being used as political pawns so they can get what they want. If he can exempt CHP then the Governor can exempt those that do not take from the general fund, but he will not do it. CHP guards his behind and he does not want to piss them off.

Hopefully I can make these changes in regs for the coming years, our environmental document is set to be redone this year which is a 3 year document. But if I keep getting my hours reduced I will not have enough time to make all the changes I want (which could happen for other programs in the Deparatment as well). If the furloughs get increased having a hunting season may be tough to get completed. It is a priority but we shall see. I should be able to get the seasons for next year but extra stuff like I want is going to be tough. I will do my best.

Joe

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-09 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-09 AT 10:51?AM (MST)

I work for a Resource Conservation District and we had a lot of cuts. Since I'm only an intern I didn't get hit at all by the cuts. However since we run off of state grants a lot of them got stopped or put on hold. Many of the employees here are only able to work a few days out of the week now. Really sad how things are going.

Oh and as far as monopoly money it is completely true. The state wants us to keep working on projects but say the can't pay us till the end of the year. What a joke. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Hey Joe (aka. Tuleelk),

Don't let the man get you down. You state guys are always quicker to recover and you know this stimulus money means dark days are coming for us Federal Fins and Feathers Service folks as well!

I hear you're going on the Annual Kennedy Meadows Extravaganza this year! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Matt

Its simple for this state worker, I now get three more days off to hunt as often as I like. Every once in a while Ill bust a few overtimes behind others taking their time off and I still come out ahead.Its all in how you look at it!! Thanx Arnold but your still a liberal PUNK!! BH1

And they aren't paying state workers with IOUs or Warrants cause last time they did the UNIONS sued them and the Judge ruled it illegal.

Based on that statement you probably think I'm pro-union, NOT!! But they do have their place.

My hit is now 15% which means 36 more days off a year plus in my business we get to "self direct" our furlough days so basically I'm gonna save a month and a half vacation time each year.

I love the ones that cap on state workers and I can't wait til Arnie releases 1,000s of convicted felons.

Elkslayer,
The problem is; When the governator gives the order to release the dirtballs and illegals the people, most of which do not understand the food chain will blame Corrections. Once again it will be those bad cops that did the damage! Bet the people appreciate what Correctional Staff do when the dirtballs start raping and pillaging!
Norkal

>Elkslayer,
>The problem is; When the governator
>gives the order to release
>the dirtballs and illegals the
>people, most of which do
>not understand the food chain
>will blame Corrections. Once
>again it will be those
>bad cops that did the
>damage! Bet the people
>appreciate what Correctional Staff do
>when the dirtballs start raping
>and pillaging!
>Norkal

If those cops and corrections guys vote for who there union tells them to, then it kinda is there fualt.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Pro union I am not! However there is a place for them. People in power want one thing...MORE POWER. Of course that includes the unions. Now, who was it that attempted to launch the Arnold recall? Oh, CCPOA, the Californina Correctional Peace Officers Association. And again I am anti-union. Arnold is an arrogant idiot! You can't ballance the budget on the backs of state employees. They could lay-off every state employee and it still wouldn't fix the problem. Want to fix things? Well lets start with chasing all the illegals out of OUR country and let them know if they attempt to cross our boarders again they will be shot. We could shut down all the give away programs. Hey let the lazy go to some other state. Oh, other states don't have give away programs, thats why they flock and multiply in Kalifornia. Hey, we could take felon's (the parasites of our state) rights away and make them grow and raise their own food. Great idea but the courts have ruled that "cruel and unusual punishment. Take their rights with the exception of the right to appeal their commitment offense. That right must remain or our prisons would be like those in China, full of people like me "political" prisoners (China doesn't have many real criminals, they execute them). Also, all the BS lawsuits would go away. Gosh, what would all those lawers do without tax dollars paying for their grandkids Berkley education? And here's another idea; Why don't we repeal all of the stupid laws and taxes that have driven businesses out of the state? Things will not get better until we change the way we do things and start being productive again. Do any of you think the rest of the world is worried about "going green"? I'am not suggesting we polute the world beyond use, but there has to be a balance. Our corporations are leaving the U.S. to go to other countries where they are welcomed. Oh thanks NAFTA. What an abortion! Time to sign off, I'm starting to get a little hot.
Norkal

I agrre with most of what you say, but remember arnold is only one person and a RINO republican at that. Any coservative with a brain did'nt vote for him including me. Most of the problems you cite are due to the bleeding heart liberals that infest and run this state, and the unions are one of there biggest supporters. Your union only wanted to oust Arnie because he would'nt give them more money, that argument kinda contradicts the rest of your argument. You want to get rid of other entitlements and big spending.....except when it comes to your line of work.

Oh and NAFTA was the republicans deal. NAFTA does do some good though, especially in some agricultural markets, but like any other govt deal it has just about as many flaws. Just because someone has an R next to their name does'nt make them a friendly.

And what about things like the death penalty? You and your co-workers probably think we should be more like texas and get the ball rolling right? Me too, yet the unions support liberal politicians who have made it nearly impossible to execute anyone, or deport illegals back to mexico. How does that work? You cant have your cake and eat it too. You want the great benifits and pay that your union gets for you, yet you disagree with everything else those same polliticans stand for.

You got me wrong. They are not my union. I sit on the other side of the table. And I am fully aware that NAFTA began with G.W. Also, not cetain but you probably stand a little to the left of me. My co-workers consider my views extreme.
Norkal.

Invest in lead for the times ahead!

Fair enough, I dont think anyone would consider me left of anything. Gun rights, individual liberty, and low taxes are my poison, and I dont care if that makes me right, left, or upside down. If a politicion goes against the costitution and my rights, they are the enemy whether they are rep or dem. There are a few good dems out there like the ones from montana, and there are idiot republicans like arnold and meg whitman who would'nt lift a finger to stand up for our rights. Unions are the devil, they support higher taxes and big government, and anyone who claims they are good because of their own paycheck and benifits, but hates the politicions they support is a hypocrit.

There's a good saying out there that goes something like " Its hard to be a gun rights supporter when the left hates guns and the right hates rights".

NAFTA started under GW???? Not quite...try Bill Clinton 1994.....allbeit with mostly republican support.

You corrections guys do a job that I sure wouldn't want to do...but because of BS liberal politics you also do alot that I don't want you to do....like hauling those worthless POS wards of yours to the "hospital" for any little hang nail, toothache, sex change, etc...etc...etc...just an unbelievable and endless amount of spending on those inmates. They get better care than most of us and prolly you too.....THAT is the corrections money I want not spent.....but of course it is such a double edged sword, your unions would fight tooth and nail if those changes were proposed because the state wouldn't need near as many CO's and the union WILL NOT except that.

Am I wrong??

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Check it out, you will find that it was G.W. pre-slick willy. Willy is a piece of crap and justice should have been served for Treason. I agree they ARE the enemy. Hopefully enough of the sheeple will catch on before it's to late. About corrections staff. Most corrections staff hate what is occurring in regard to what the court calls "access to care". If they want to keep their jobs they have to do what the courts order. It's real simple, you accept the paycheck you accept the BS, as long as it's a legal order. The nineth cicuit, the most liberal of them all has given the prisoner population of Kalifornia great medical care. And lets not even start with "rehabilitation". I've seen quite a few rehabilitated. In fact they paroled early...in a box! There is no way to rehabilitate critters that don't see anything wrong with their life style.
Norkal

I think we are in agreement on the prisoners....

Check what out about nafta??...GW was still breaking companies in texas when nafta was dreamed up and signed....do you mean GHW bush??...if so you are right. but GW had nothing to do with it.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom