Statewide Barbary unit?

elkfanatic

I was wondering if anyone knows of a unit on the statewide hunt where there would be barbarys. Im going to be at nmsu and would like to try and hunt these animals but i don't have the money to put in for the draw this year. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

The tag costs the same whether you acquire it through the draw or just buy the over the counter. The draw tag is also valid year round for the over the counter units, so you get those plus the better units. You are going to spend way more in gas trying to find sheep in the OTC units than you would in the draw units, so it's not a very good option if you are on a tight budget. That said, I think there are quite a few places in the OTC area that you can find sheep if you invest the time, money, and boot leather.

In the name of honesty, I have never put one on the ground, so take this info as such.

Cory

$103 unlimited-$111 draw units. Time spent in the field aint cheap probably figure its costs close to a $100 bucks probaly more a trip out. Split the cost take a friend because you could probably lose your mind in sheep country when not finding sheep solo,also get more ground covered. If your serious get the tag and start because if you don't start now your only missing out..PM sent..

ive been looking around in unit 38. havent found them yet but i did find some area that needs a closer look. i have heard of sheep west of carrizozo but have never been out to look for them. pm me maybe we can swap a little info

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom