Statewide sheep, mountain goat, pronghorn

ColoradoOak

Very Active Member
Last week to purchase tickets for the statewide sheep, goat, and pronghorn raffle licences. Get them here: http://bighornsheep.org/raffle.htm

The last 4 raffle rams:

8589img3321.jpg

This year there is a second opportunity to win a sheep license, valid for two full months on Chancellor Ranch. As the only sheep hunter on the 51,000 acre ranch, this would be a particularly good opportunity for a bowhunter. The first sheep license on the ranch (2017) was a public draw license, and the hunter killed a 182" ram:

91644chancellorramsmall.jpg

The second year was an auction license, and the hunter hunted one day and killed a nice ram with his bow:

3862chancellor2018.jpg

We are also raffling a couple of sweet custom rifles by Kevin Weaver.

6.5 Creedmoor

19511rifle12.jpg

.300 Win. Mag.

43362rifle22.jpg

Both are going to be shooters. Here are the first groups with factory ammo.

51667img38301.jpg

One more week of online sales! (except for the Chancellor license which will be drawn in June) Get them here: http://bighornsheep.org/raffle.htm

Also, a confession: odds are much better this year than in recent years due to the addition of the second sheep raffle. Dilution is the solution to bad raffle odds???

Bighorn sheep - Greg Spurgeon, Indiana, Ticket No. 03274
Chancellor Ranch BHS - Colin Willer, British Columbia, Ticket No. 00740
Mountain goat - Cedric Leviner, Colorado, Ticket No. 00553
Pronghorn - Tom Krutsch, Colorado, Ticket No. 00444
Weaver 6.5 Creedmoor - Ashlee Reynolds, Colorado, Ticket No. 00484
Weaver .300 Win. Mag. - Eric Govan, California, Ticket No. 00122
Swarovski #1 - Bob Dickson, Yukon, Ticket No. 00058
Swarovski #2 - Florencio Mondragon, Colorado, Ticket No. 00049

Congrats to all!! Lots of good funds raised :).

Gotta love a guy from BC winning the Chancellor tag when I'm pretty sure as a resident of BC he has fantastically better sheep hunting opportunities compared to us raffle chasers in the US. Good on him for winning- not so wise for a US raffle to make it available to non US residents imo. Now waiting for the naysayers to justify it.

Cheers- Dave

Why? Are Canadian's money not good? Ever cross your mind that the raffle was built to raise money for wild sheep and not you?

You can read all 99 of my other posts and I've never been a jerk to anyone on this forum but your post was ridiculous. Why would you even say something like that?

>Congrats to all!! Lots of
>good funds raised :).
>
>Gotta love a guy from BC
>winning the Chancellor tag when
>I'm pretty sure as a
>resident of BC he has
>fantastically better sheep hunting opportunities
>compared to us raffle chasers
>in the US. Good
>on him for winning- not
>so wise for a US
>raffle to make it available
>to non US residents
>imo. Now waiting for
>the naysayers to justify it.
>
>
>Cheers- Dave

The purpose of the raffle and auction licenses in Colorado is to fund projects that will hopefully increase opportunity for residents and nonresidents alike. The winner of the Chancellor license is a pilot for firefighting operations and has never been able to take time off during sheep season in BC. So he will be going on his first ever sheep hunt in Colorado this winter and is beyond excited.

I appreciate everybody that is willing to pitch in $25 to help improve our herds here in Colorado. In 2011 there were only about 250 sheep licenses in Colorado, and this year there are over 300. So hopefully we all benefit from the effort, even if the winner doesn't happen to be from Colorado.

ColoradoOak,

Thanks for all you do for our CO sheep. That's great that the guy from BC won and gets to go on his first sheep hunt. Win/Win.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-19 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]>You can read all 99 of
>my other posts and I've
>never been a jerk to
>anyone on this forum but
>your post was ridiculous.
>Why would you even say
>something like that?

No sweat! Just read my post again and you should be able to deduce my point pretty clearly- nothing personal.

Money is money, and I am glad they raised some extra dollars from another country to help sheep in the US- such an organiziaton cannot afford to be picky.

I can't help but see the irony of a healthy guy (pilot right?) living in a country (Canada) and place where I believe he can shoot two types of rams (Stones and Bighorns?) almost every year, and he gets to come CO to shoot a Booner - good on him for doing so. I wonder how most of the <1 sheep hunting residents of Colorado who have never hunted sheep feel about it?

Cheers- Dave

+1 Thanks to CO.Oak and every other dedicated sheep org volunteer.

Sheep fever has everyone wanting a tag, but unfortunately tags are extremely limited. What seems most important is sheep herds need our money and support in order to sustain our hope of hunting them.

I too wish the best of luck to the fortunate BC hunter. I've spent plenty of cash chasing rams in his neck of the woods and I'm sure he appreciates that support as well.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom