Stats

nocal

Well the stats are posted and....from the non-res perspective (prob res too), seems like just about the time you start hoping/thinking you might have a chance at one of the high demand tags...................someone with one more point steps into the draw party. Darn it!..............come onnnnnn, next year.

That is why I think it is better to find places that are either OTC or only take 1-2 points. Then you will have more years of hunting and hopefully scouting learning everything about the unit. Your chances to find and harvest a big buck could then equal or even surpass (kill multiple bucks over the years) compared to a single hunt that a person has to wait several years or even a lifetime.

Well the stats are posted and....from the non-res perspective (prob res too), seems like just about the time you start hoping/thinking you might have a chance at one of the high demand tags...................someone with one more point steps into the draw party. Darn it!..............come onnnnnn, next year.

Haha after that happening to me for like the tenth straight year for Utah deer, I turned the tables and became "that guy" in Oregon, jumping in from point saver to burning 44 NR points for lope & deer the same year. I'd never applied for these hunts in the previous 23 years. There was only one NR tag for each hunt. Very glad to have them because I failed to draw anything anywhere else.

This burns every last point in Oregon for me and allows me to exit the 2 1/2% quota system permanently.

I checked stats when they first came out, if I didn't read them incorrectly no wenaha archery non res tags were issued. I was thinking there should be one every year now that they are giving 40 total tags. Anybody know the story?

Yup 5% of 40 is 2 so there should have been one unguided NR guaranteed. Not sure what up with that.

Back
Top Bottom