Steiner 12x40 Predator

S

Swampsurveyor

I'm hoping to go on my first Mule Deer hunt this fall and while researching binoculars, I ran across these on a website for less than $250.00. Is 12x too much for glassing. I was looking at 8x or 10x and then I ran across these. The price seems great, but I didn't know if they would be too big (they say they are lightweight).

Note, I am planning on having a spotting scope as well.

Any input on these or the Predator series in general would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

for the money buy them! you could also purchase them thru
Cabelas and try them out then return them no qustions asked!
RACKMASTER

My buddy has a pair. They are junk. The fixed focus is trash on them. They came out of colimnation on a deer hunt in NM he sent them back. Steiner has had them for 4 months now, he can not seem to get ahold of them and has no idea if he will ever get them back. He had to borrow my backup pair Leicas to help me on a coues deer hunt and for his javelina hunt. He is now sold on the leicas and is saving up for a pair. I would stay away from them.

Bret M.

Hey Swamp,

I own a pair, just bought them from my Steiner rep last year. I used them all year and they were great. Just remember to adjust each eye focus to that eye the direction give you the procedure. They are light weight and have nice covers for the entry and exit pupils. The only difficulty I have had with them is up close they are designed for long range inside of 50 yards they have alittle problem focusing. I had them in rain and snow at 10,000+ feet no problems. If you really vannot afford the more expensive quality optics, you can't go wrong with these for the money. Great buy, and they are easier than you would think to hold steady.
Good luck on your first of many Mule deer hunts.
Bowguy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom