steiner 20x80 senators

bigmoosie

Has anyone used these binoculars, how do they compare to 15x56 swarovskis or the big doctors. I understand that the senators are a much better model then some of sreiners cheaper models how do they compare?

Have a strong back these are huge binoculars weigh a ton and large. Optically good but not same level as the Swarovski.

Bigmoosie,
FYI

If you are considering big Steiners you may want to look at the Bighorn 15x56 model on sale @ Cabelas for $499. They are smaller and more practical for packing all day and easier to mount on a tripod.. They seem pretty good optically, not bad for the price.

HH

They SUCK! I mean, if you would like a pair, they are great, in fact I have a pair I will sell you.
I got a pair of 20x80 steiner last year. I hate them. Their uses are VERY,VERY limited. I will say this, if you are glassing for, lets say, shed antlers (since they wont move) and you are, lets say, in the vehicle (cause you will need the window to rest them on) they are OK. The individual eye adjustments are terrible. You definately need them on a tripod or rock because where you need to adjust the focus is in the back 1% of the total weight of optic. They DO gather light good. Clarity is "fair"
I have a pair of 10x50 swarovski I use all the time. I hardly ever take steiners out of the safe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom