Steve Seegmiller Passed Away

H

HoundDawg

I just wanted to let you guys know that Steve Seegmiller passed away this morning at about 3:30am in the American Fork hospital.

I know some of you are aware of his situation. He was the lion hunter from Utah that got paralyzed last winter in an ATV accident out lion hunting. He died of complications due to his accident. He is survived by a wife and three daughters.

I know many of you donated money and videos last winter for a surprise Christmas present for Steve. I really appreciate it and he did as well.

I also know that the SFW has helped raise some money for him and I appreciate those of you who were involved in that or those who may have donated to the cause.

He was a good friend, and a good hand. He'll be missed.

Thanks, -Dawg

HD...sorry for the loss...if all MM members had friends as good as you, we would all be a little better off...my condolences to you and his family

Thanks for letting us know. I had the opportunity to talk with Steve on a few occasions before his accident. He was full of life and energy and seemed like a great guy. My deepest sympathy for his family and friends.

Sorry to hear of Steve's passing, I remember the incident that you posted. One thing for sure, he is not suffering anymore and it will take time for the lost to be over for his family and true friends. I just lost a very close friend from Cancer 2 weeks ago, it is hard on everyone. My sympathy to the family and friends.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-04 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]Its times like this you can take a look at all of the complaining and argueing that goes on about SFW, chute planes, deer feeders, 4-wheelers etc.. and see that its really not that important in the whole scheme of things.

My prayers are with his friends and family this evening.

Drum

HD, if there is a memorial or something like it set up in his name for his family would you please post the information for us.

HD, Thanks for the update on Steve. Our prayers are with him and his family. You are a giant among men for what you have done for him, and his family.
We need to all step back and think of how quickly this could happen to any one of us, and appreciate what we all have, and do what we can for those who have been hurt thru these circumstances. My hat is off to you for your strength and the caring you have for them. Best wishes to his family.
May the family be blessed with comfort knowing that Steve is a greater place, and someday they will be with him again.
Keep us posted regarding any memorial, etc.
Thanks Dawg!
a*r

Im sorry to hear about Steve's passing. I remembered reading abouth im on the posts in the Hounddoggers section, and then again in a recent hunting publication. It sounded like he was a hell of a man, its too bad to hear that he's gone.

I commend you for all the work and support you have given Steve and his family. If there is anything we can help with, let us know. His family will definitely be in my prayers.

TUFF--Scott

I read his story in trail of the Sportsman recently. Seems like the guy was a fighter and a good example of overcoming adversity. Sorry to hear he passed, I'm sure he is in a better place. Its good to see his friends step up and help out.
Jeff

I just read his story in a hunting mag. Great story of strength and desire. Heart goes out to his family. I know what he went through and it wasn't easy.
Yelum

Dawg,

So sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. My heart goes out to his family. Thanks also for doing all you did to make his life better.

NVB

Very sorry to hear this news. I said a prayer for his wife and kids that "the Comforter" would minister to them during this difficult time.
Thank you, HoundDawg for your sacrificial giving to this family.

Marc

Our prayers go out to the family of Steve.

I know of an similar situation that occurred last year here in Reno. Randy Jeppson was hunting deer with his teen daughter riding on the same ATV when it flipped over breaking his back. He passed away a short time later. We all need to be careful out there...

Thank you for the kind words, but I don't deserve any of them. I wasn't that great a friend and could have done a much better job. But he was a great inspiration to me personally and I was honored and flattered that he wanted me to write his story for the hunting magazine. I'd like to think I'd be a fighter like he was in the same situation but I don't know. I'd like to think he's riding a ridge somewhere this morning with a smile on his face. He always spoke of "serenity in the saddle"... I think that's what he now has. His family really appreciates all of you who stepped up to help him out, through the SFW or however you did it. It's hard for his wife to find the words to thank everyone who has come forward for them this past year.

For any interested his viewing is this Friday night at Berg Mortuary in Provo from 6:00 to 8:00pm.

The funeral will be Saturday morning (July 10th) at 10:00am.
The address is: 2977 East Pony Express Parkway, Eagle Mountain.
He will be buried in Richfield, Utah (an area he loved to spend time in)

Any condolences may be sent to his wife and children at:

1777 East Hidden Hills Road
Eagle Mountain, Utah 84043

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom