STEVENS Model 411 Dbl.Bbl.

B

Buckrub

Have any of you guys seen one of these new Upland Sporters by Savage? I've been think'in about a side-by-side for birds for a long time and this gun looks like a deal for the money. I can't find any dealers around my area with one in stock and I hate to order a scattergun w/o swing'in it first. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Steve. (I think I've been watch'in "Hunt'in with Hank" too much!!) :D

Buckrub;
The SS shotgun used in "Hunting with Hank" is a Browning SS that is now discontinued. As for the Stevens 411, it is a plain jane hunting SS. For the money it is a good buy, solid dependable gun made to hunt hard with and not worry about getting scratched or dings while in the field. I am one of those oddballs that prefer the SS instead of a o/u or pump-semi shotgun. Must be the damn English blood in me. Unless you plan to do long range pass shooting, try and get a modified-Imp. cylinder choke barrel combo. You will like this combo for most of your field hunting.
RELH

RELH, Thanks for the info. I've checked the dimentions on the Model 411 and I think it'll fit me pretty good. It comes w/3 chokes and also "cut-checkering", so it might just look alittle better then a "plain-jane", I hope!!! It'll be my first SS and @6.5lbs.(20GA.) it should be a joy to swing. I'm strictly gonna be using it for upland birds, and maybe some "clays". I'll let you know when I get it. Once again, thanks for the reply!! STEVE

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom