STILL HERE WE ARE!!!

It sure was a different world. All I want to do is grab my .22, ride my bicycle over to Hap's Sporting Goods(about 4 miles)and buy a box of LR for $.49 and shoot crows on the way home.

You'd Be in BIG Trouble Eel!

I Can Only Imagine Sportin a .22 on a Bicycle in KALI!:D

You Ain't Buying .22 Shells for .49 cents a box!:D

And If You Shot a Crow in KALI!:D:D:D

Yep, she's a different world today. Sad.
Only have ourselves to blame, spending too much time worrying about this hunt and that hunt, working hard to play hard. Except working hard got in the way of playing hard, and then playing hard got in the way of paying attention to what was going on...

It sure was a different world. All I want to do is grab my .22, ride my bicycle over to Hap's Sporting Goods(about 4 miles)and buy a box of LR for $.49 and shoot crows on the way home.
That's funny Eel my Dad used to say get your chores done and you can go hunt for two hours before your Mom gets home.
Off I would go on my Stingray with a banana seat and my shot gun across the front handlebars.
Do that today and everyone is going to jail. LOL

There was a handful of us that did the same thing. We either rode over to an old abandoned dump full of bottles, or to the local swamp where we shot frogs and fish.

I remember those 49 cent boxes? We got them at the hardware store or Yellow Front. I haven’t thought about that place in decades.

Anyybody else remember Yellow Front? Definitely an AZ store, but I can’t remember how far they reached.

Last edited:
I used to ride my bike down county road thirteen to a prairie dog town with me .22 strapped to the handlebars. A county sheriff tailed us and then passed and pulled over. He wanted to know where we were going and if the landowner might let him come out and shoot. We introduced him to the farmer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom