Stolen truck

coloradoman

Very Active Member
I know this is a different post and longshot but my truck was stolen last night from my street 2014 F150 they found my license plates on another car so I won’t even give you the plate number it has white camouflage curtains on the inside of the camper shell. Stolen in Grand Junction
30044153-6687-4F0B-8058-83E1E092A072.jpeg

Damn times are rough when the criminals are stealing fords in Colorado. No Toyota’s close by to jack??

I thought that was Cammi’s truck?

Edit: Just saw that Cammi reposted it on FB, I didn’t read it well and thought it was her’s.

Last edited:
that helps grizz....
Somebody made a tongue in cheek comment so I made a tongue in cheek comment back. The more it stays at the top, the better; and guys are just ribbing about truck brands. But you just go ahead and keep your self-described reputation alive by making unhelpful comments about people making unhelpful comments.

@coloradoman, good luck finding the truck. Hopefully the thief keeps the white camo up, it's the most recognizable part of the truck. Any window stickers or other identifying markings?

Somebody made a tongue in cheek comment so I made a tongue in cheek comment back. The more it stays at the top, the better; and guys are just ribbing about truck brands. But you just go ahead and keep your self-described reputation alive by making unhelpful comments about people making unhelpful comments.

Coloradoman, good luck finding the truck. Hopefully the thief keeps the white camo up, it's the most recognizable part of the truck. Any window stickers or other identifying markings?
yes....but you have no humor....you are dull....it doesn't work for you

yes....but you have no humor....you are dull....it doesn't work for you
Uh-oh, I've offended a Toyota driver. ??? Keep being unhelpful in finding the truck while making posts about being unhelpful. I'm sure that is what the O.P. wants.

You openly brag right here on MM about being a jerk every chance you get. Maybe some day things will improve for you and you won't have to be a jerk all the time.

Back to coloradoman's truck...

Hey @coloradoman, how did they steal it? The reason I ask is I sometimes lock my keys in mine but wondered if that was a bad idea because somebody could break the window and drive away.

I leave my keys in the Nissan Titan with the windows down, but nobody wants it!

Seriously. Good luck on getting your truck back.

I'm here if someone wants this thread to stay at the top.? how long you want it here?

Where's Vanilla and Txhunter58?

My truck was locked with the spare key buried in the consul there was no broken glass around so I’m not sure how they got in lost two guns a lot of camping equipment all my tools a couple GPS is and most of my hunting knives and stuff because we had just got off the mountain Sunday night
I know I know let the bashing begin but it is what it is

I had mine broken into on the way back from a hunting trip. All they did is take a backpack but there was a lot of valuable stuff in there. I can't imagine how much worse it is for you. Sorry man and hope they find the bastards

At least your truck is distinctive. Not just like every other truck. And if the camper shell is still on it makes it easier to spot. And Grand Junction is not THAT big. Unfortunately, it is prob either in a garage not being driven, or long gone somewhere else. Hope not! My wifes car was stolen once, and was found abandoned a couple days later. Good luck

At least your truck is distinctive. Not just like every other truck. And if the camper shell is still on it makes it easier to spot. And Grand Junction is not THAT big. Unfortunately, it is prob either in a garage not being driven, or long gone somewhere else. Hope not! My wifes car was stolen once, and was found abandoned a couple days later. Good luck
Thanks
It’s probably long gone

Had my Super Duty broke into in Albuquerque and they just punched the lock cylinder out but the alarm went off , lights and horn were going so they took off and this was broad daylight in front of my motel room door. First thing the police asked me when I called them was .... is your truck a Ford Super Duty ? Yup. They said don’t leave it unattended tonight because they will come back and try again.

@coloradoman, good luck finding the truck. Hopefully the thief keeps the white camo up, it's the most recognizable part of the truck. Any window stickers or other identifying markings?

A guy loses his truck, tools, and lots of hunting stuff. That has to be gut wrenching. And the first two posts are jokes? Don't know what SS said because I blocked him long ago, and your justification is "I didn't start it". I am not the warmest guy in the world, but that is just cold.

If you need gear I’ve got some you can have to use.
Thanks Fred
I’m good on gear I just need to find a truck to pull my flatbed with my RZR on it.
I was going to take my toy hauler up but wont now so I found a hotel room in meeker so my next three days focus is trying to find a truck to use rental or just go buy another one I don’t not sure what to do

I guess it's always funny when it isn't yours.. pretty shi@$!. From my experience they will find the truck within a week. Problem is your stuff inside will more than likely not be there. Good luck and I hope you get it back in the same shape you left it in.

I guess it's always funny when it isn't yours.. pretty shi@$!. From my experience they will find the truck within a week. Problem is your stuff inside will more than likely not be there. Good luck and I hope you get it back in the same shape you left it in.
That probably isn’t even possible a six-year-old truck that is shown room clean with not a scratch on it so probably not gonna happen

Sorry to hear about your truck Coloradoman. But it brings up the question of what do you do to protect your life and property when the truck is locked and is stolen at your home. I know to sleep with a shotgun beside my bed, a 1911 within arms reach and a yappy dog. I have all that but like you I have to sleep sometime so I can't guard my property 24/7.

Things are changing with the newer vehicles. I have a 2013 Toyota Tundra, it's kind of old school, not much electronics on it. Regular keyed ignition, I don't think it would be hard to steal.

My wife has a new Nissan and my son a new Subaru. Keyless ignition. You have to pay for the service but they will track your vehicle if stolen. You can also start and stop them with your phone. So every time they started the vehicle you could turn it back off. I'm not saying they couldn't be stolen but they would have to be a lot more tech savvy than a screwdriver and a piece of jumper wire.

One of those rusty frame Toyota Tacomas was the best deal I ever had on a vehicle. I bought one about 1998 or 1999. Ended up being my sons truck. After owning it for about 10 years a guy at work asked me if they were going to buy it back due to the frame rusting. I hadn't known anything about it. So I crawled under it for a look and only saw a couple hairline cracks near the leaf spring connection.

The truck had 150,000 miles on it and was beat all to heck. There wasn't a panel on it that wasn't scratched or dented. I paid $19,500 for it and they gave me $16,500 to buy it back.

Which brings up a good point. Do you have all the serial numbers of your guns written down somewhere? If you don’t, you can’t prove they are yours. Which means you might not get them back if they are recovered

+1 Beanman

I've got plenty of extra gear if this guy/family would like to have me toss some in the mail to him

Or meet 1/2 way off I-70 in Green River, Utah

Robb

They now sell a host of devices and services to track your vehicle and even disable it.

Some of you guys that have been tracking your wives need to come on here and do a review to let us know which one is best. I know you are out there.

They now sell a host of devices and services to track your vehicle and even disable it.

Some of you guys that have been tracking your wives need to come on here and do a review to let us know which one is best. I know you are out there.
Everything I own will now have a tracking device on it down to my camper my UTV vehicles trailers everything

I found two camper shells on craigslist and Facebook that are identical to mine so guess what I’m doing today?
I know it’s a long shot.

+1 Beanman

I've got plenty of extra gear if this guy/family would like to have me toss some in the mail to him

Or meet 1/2 way off I-70 in Green River, Utah

Robb
Thanks Robb
I have extra gear but that’s not the point.
I really appreciate your offer. There are very few people around anymore like you, Beanman and a couple others that have contacted me.

I had my semi custom .300 rum stolen out of a buddies truck. I called the cops and they didn’t do anything, but I found it on a local gun selling website here in Utah. Off the sellers username, I was able to track down his Instagram, and from there I ran his name through google and found his voter records. With his voter records I had his home address so I showed up at his house and had a discussion with the guys mom. Long story short, I got my .300 back. It’s worth keeping an eye on local classified websites.

I had my semi custom .300 rum stolen out of a buddies truck. I called the cops and they didn’t do anything, but I found it on a local gun selling website here in Utah. Off the sellers username, I was able to track down his Instagram, and from there I ran his name through google and found his voter records. With his voter records I had his home address so I showed up at his house and had a discussion with the guys mom. Long story short, I got my .300 back. It’s worth keeping an eye on local classified websites.

Why is it not surprising dude lived with his mom?

This whole deal just made me sick to my stomach!
Damn thieves, I hate 'em with a passion! Sorry to read about your totaled truck.

Zeke

This whole deal really sucks! I guess we have to lock/chain/bolt everything down these days!
On a good note, hopefully you'll get a new truck out of the deal.

That is rough. Sorry for the pain. I just hate thieves with a passion - low life POS. They just continue on their way and we all pay for it and have to deal with all the after effects.

Wish it was like back in the old days - string them up!!! If it is not yours, leave your dam hands off of it!!!

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom