Stone Sheep

TSX

Does anyone know much about Bluestone Outfitters out of B.C. for Stone Sheep. It use to be Myles Bradford's outfit?

Thank you.

I was wondering what they named the new outfit.

Is it the kids running the show or did they sell out to someone else?

My brother and I were booked with Myles but something popped up for me so I went a year earlier (2003) with Stone Mtn Safari and my brother hunted with Myles the following year (2004).

Lots of water under the bridge since then so I probably don't have any good answers for you....but it was one of the top premier outfits back then.

Zeke

#livelikezac

Bluestone is operated by Myles and Sherry's youngest daughter Devlin and her husband.

Like Zeke, my info is ancient. I killed a 38", 10yr old ram in 1998.

I hunted Stones in 2015 with a neighboring outfit to the east and we didn't see a ram even close to legal in 14 days of hard hunting. I've been told, and I think in general that area of BC has declined in sheep numbers. I have also heard that the there is an onslaught of resident BC hunters who are taking a significant tole on Stone Ram numbers in many units.
As was mentioned, Bluestone used to be one of the premier outfits up there, but I've not heard anything about them in recent years. To me that suggests that perhaps it is not as good as it used to be???? but that's total conjecture on my part.
If I were interested in them, I'd contact Bluestone and get a list of recent clients (successful and unsuccessful) and get their take.
Best of luck.

LBH,
I took my ram out of a group of 17 on the first afternoon out. Sounds like a lot of things have changed.

The reason for my inquire is that Devlin and her husband are divorced and he is now running the outfit as Bluestone - that's why the name change.

So was wondering if the outfit is as good as when the Bradford's had it?

Thanks

>LBH,
>I took my ram out of
>a group of 17 on
>the first afternoon out. Sounds
>like a lot of things
>have changed.

Sounds too easy for a "real Stone hunt" dwalton! :)
I'd have gladly taken a legal runt out of your band of 17 on my hunt.

Bluestone might still be great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom