Storms Update # 2

trophyhunter

Very Active Member
Well they say up north you guys are going to get a bunch of rain and hopefully increase the snow pack next few days. Let us know what is happening in your neck of the woods. Would be nice if they seeded the clouds like last severe drought and not wait till our Lakes and Reservoirs are bone dry.

))))------->

Good, let er Roll Baby!! We need the Wet! :)

Last couple days, sprinkles. That's about it. It's felt like spring here for weeks now. Similar winter to last year but this winter has been WARM.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

High Desert So Cal. We got just over a 1/4" in the last one, Been a good season so far.
Hoping for more.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Our snow pack around the I-80 HWY. is only 25% of normal for this time of year. In fact there was more snow on the check areas last month then today. Right now it is socked in with heavy clouds and hopefully the rain will start soon and drop snow at the higher altitude.
Rain and cold sounds like homemade soup or pot of beans weather while socked in.

RELH

Its no longer legal to seed in California because Nevada and Utah also
Colorado sued over it like twenty six years ago. .n
not sure but my uncle told me and i seem to recall
something about that too..they claimed we were stealing they're right to
precipitation. .
Jester

Ah Haaa...! thanks jester!

Little rain yet but she's blowing hard enough outside to be moving my curtains around inside! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Here in Philo we had another inch over night with 6 more predicted by Monday. The Navarro river was down to 64 cfs before it started raining but as of 8:15 this morning it was flowing at 117 cfs, and right now it's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock. If we could get another 20 inches by the end of April we might just be able to fill all of our ponds and reserviors, cross your fingers!

Hi guys, i'm at a friends over in Chester. We had bad storm come thru this morning. Trees and lines down all over the area, roads closed, just now getting open. Lots and lots of houses around the lake damaged. I'm fine, no power or phone but will get by. It's been snowing, not much but icy roads. This could be a nasty storm, is a nasty storm, millions in damage so far, nobody knows the full extent. I'll probably be off the web until we get power back.

Joey

Sounds like you guys up in the mountains are getting hammered. Jester yeh now that you mention it I also remember something about seeding causing problems in the path after leaving CA. If the problem gets bad enough seems desperate times call for desperate measures.:)

Here in Fremont near Tesla we have only had 3/4" in. So far but raining pretty good right now. Seems like Santa Cruz mountains as well as Marin County north are doing much better rain wise. God knows we need every drop right now. Guys without power and getting some snow hang in there:) looks like Sunday into Monday AM will bring a colder faster storm so be prepared.

))))------->

Trophyhunter are you mission area or warm springs?
I lived and schooled in Irvington and mission san jose.
Now in Gilroy work in Morgan Hill! Plenty of rain so far ..
Jester

Emptied the guage this morning and it was 2-5/8" of rain at my house here in Santa Rosa...nothing today but paper states another big one to hit our area TOMORROW..SO WILL SEE if it does or not.
Lots of trees/limbs down all over this area but no power outage here in my area.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

What a difference a day makes! Last dusk, i was headed back to Westwood with 6-8" of slushy snow on the road. Even in 4 high, my truck got a bit squirrely a few times. The power came on for awhile about 10PM last night then off again about 1AM and has been off ever since then.

I went out to my shop and rigged up a line from my Champion 3500 Generator to a couple different electrical plug in strips so i have power here inside for myself and can send this note. Life ain't so bad. No telling how long the Power to Town will be off, could likely be for days.

Not really getting out much today, i haven't heard if anyone got hurt or worse. Seems like there had to have been. Lots of big trees came down.

Today, all the snow from the night before is gone, rained most of the night, melted off. 6-8"? Gone!

Joey

The rivers up here in Humboldt went from low and clear to high and muddy, almost border line flood stage. Another storm forecast to hit Sunday. It will be at least 10 days before I can fish the rivers.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Hey Jester I am just down the road from Tesla, near Fremont Blvd. and Automall. Just about half way in between Irvington and Warm Springs. We have a Granddaughter going to Irvington High.

We picked up 2 inches of rain here over the weekend. My total for the season now sits at 11.5 inches. Lots of wind. I know the Santa Cruz mountains go 4+ inches and up north pushed a ton more so at least we helped our water storage a little. Need a ton more. Unfortunately forecast says next weeked will be mid 70's. All the trees and birds think it's spring. That's not a good thing this early in winter.

))))------->

trophy, if that PM was sent to me, i didn't get it.

It's Sunny, calm, and warm out... just like most of this Winter so far. I'm headed over to Chester where a huge tree fell and completely wiped out some friends front deck and entry. They were lucky.

Joey

Hey Sage I was trying to reply to jester but for some reason it posted it out of order? Hey you still running that generator or are back running full speed. I figure you must be back in the saddle:)

Take care,
Glenn
Trophyhunter

Cool, Back on Regular power. My Bud in Chester told me that 75 trees came down from the high winds in Chester alone.

Lake Almanor is rising daily. Mt Lassen and the upper ridges looks to have decent snow. This last storm was costly damage wise but we needed the water.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom