Stove question

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
What would be a good stove for my 10x10 Flexbow tent ? Price and quality are important. I don't want to croak from CO.

2124271_14041403013039_is.jpeg

I have a 12 by 12 and use this stove from cabelas and it works perfectly

You have to make sure to keep your head above the stove and the window openings. These tents are sealed pretty well down below. Unless you keep the door open, there is the potential to have CO buildup.

They are not rigid enough to support a stove pipe in any amount of wind at all. You have to heavily modify the tent, beyond what it was designed for to make it work.

I recommend getting a rigid wall tent if you want to use a wood stove,or use a buddy heater to take the chill off when you wake up in the morning.

I am currently rocking the Ridge Stove from Davis Tent...great stove just heavy. Before the upgraded I had a loner 10x10 canvas tent and used a generic sheep herder style stove. Something like the Kni-Co would be sweet due to the size and weight savings for your application

You have to make sure to keep your head above the stove and the window openings. These tents are sealed pretty well down below. Unless you keep the door open, there is the potential to have CO buildup.

They are not rigid enough to support a stove pipe in any amount of wind at all. You have to heavily modify the tent, beyond what it was designed for to make it work.

I recommend getting a rigid wall tent if you want to use a wood stove,or use a buddy heater to take the chill off when you wake up in the morning.
I have a spring bar, which is similar to your flex bow, and as mevertsen noted, we use a buddy heater to keep things toasty. We don't sleep with it on because of CO2 concerns, but it's good to take the chill off before bed and when we wake up. You can get a hose to hook up to a big propane bottle and set it outside so you don't have to keep hooking up small bottles. Lots cheaper that way as well.

I have a spring bar, which is similar to your flex bow, and as mevertsen noted, we use a buddy heater to keep things toasty. We don't sleep with it on because of CO2 concerns, but it's good to take the chill off before bed and when we wake up. You can get a hose to hook up to a big propane bottle and set it outside so you don't have to keep hooking up small bottles. Lots cheaper that way as well.

Mine is the Springbar as well.

And I have a 12x14 wall tent for winter camping, with a wood stove.

I have a hose for my Buddy Heater to use a 5 gal bottle. It didn't work but someone just told me it takes awhile for the gas to get through to the heater.

I use a 10x10 Kodiak. A wood stove would take up too much space. The tent is flappy in the wind. Not good for safety with a wood stove. I use a Buddy heater on a 10 gallon propane tank. Make sure to buy a propane filter.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom