Success in S.NV.

azbiggame

Very Active Member
All home from a tough 11 day hunt in Spector Mtns in South end of the state.Happy client said toughest hunt ever been on but in the end was very pleased.During days afield, passed 40 rams but wanted # 41 ... a well placed shot from 300 yds and relief of no more cold,windy ,snowy, raining day would be needed for a successful desert sheep hunt ... Bruce & SilverGrand
6633320191226162850.jpg

8472220191226152946.jpg

Sounds like he had a once in a lifetime hunt. Love those desert rams.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

40 rams is not that unusual if you are counting all the rams. Lots of young rams to work thru. If it was 40 mature shooter rams that is another story. I can say on my 1st sheep hunt in Utah after 9 days of hard hunting I saw 3 good rams but on my Nevada hunt in 7 days of scouting and 10 min of opening day I saw over 20 good rams most guys would shoot plus an untold amount of lesser rams and shot the best one.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

That looks like a serious chip in that old ram's horn but he's a dandy.
The client should be happy if he got to spend that many days hunting desert sheep, regardless of the weather. Congratulations

Congrats so awesome can’t wait to one day be sitting behind a ram of my own .what did the ram score ? And what were his base measurements?

a very rewarding hunt for ALL INVOLVED. ram was 10 yrs of age ,14 in. bases and scored 158.5
As stated above, this old warrior totaled 41st different ram viewed during this 10 day hunt ... a few pics of rams over this time ... Bruce & SilverGrand
8893.jpeg
20191216_171105.jpg

20191211_093336.jpg

That’s awesome, they are such cool animals. I can’t wait until the day when I pull up the draw results and I read the word SUCCESSFUL next to the Desert big horn.

Hopefully I'll get my chance this year at one of those ram. 22 res points . Hopefully Saw this one will hunting deer.

Kerry's phone 11 19 1160.jpg

Best picture that I had. Any guess to what size he is?
I have no idea. I’m really going to have to study the judging of bighorn whenever I draw a tag. I think they all look awesome. Lol
I took a few pics recently down near the Hoover Damn.
5D0AC9F4-2871-499E-BA65-BDCF2F5B8D2C.jpeg
639B6B4A-F664-4EBE-A0E9-AD94C8443DE7.jpeg

Cool thread! And congrats on a great and successful hunt! Here's some eye-candy pics of ones you probably can't hunt (in Boulder City and Valley of Fire State Park- still look like real dandies!)

V of F sheep2.jpg

V of F sheep3.jpg

V of F sheep4.jpg

Boulder City rams.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom