Success

elkhunternm_13

Had two free days over the weekend to get out with my dad and sister. They were having zero luck and were reporting of very little elk activity. Saturday the 19th was one of the best days in the elk woods I have ever experienced. Bulls bugled nonstop for the entire day even when the temps hit high 80s. I called in several bulls and had about a dozen that we got on and just couldnt quite seal the deal. Finally that evening my day was able to put the smack down on a nice 6x at 30 yards.
It was a long night and got back to camp at midnight. We woke up at 4am and were back making the 2 hour trip into the only country seeming to hold elk. After getting back in the area it was like the switch was flipped off. A few bugles but nothing like the day before. Finally at around 9am we had one bull close. After a little sweet talk i pulled him and his cows in and my sister lunged him at 60 yards. He piled up in sight. This was her first archery kill and her first kill ever. To say excited is an understatement. Here is her darn good first bull along with my dads bull and a few other bulls along the way.
20200920_174414.jpg
20200920_091013.jpg
20200919_181057.jpg
20200919_094520.jpg
20200919_093800.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on two great bulls!

I always encourage folks to not get caught up in trophies or scores but instead......make memories....mission accomplished....congrats

Great job Patrick! It was a tough archery hunt! To dry!
My son has a rifle hunt there at the end of October. Should be fun but tough!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom