Successful Draw, WY Area 68 Antelope

cgeminski

Last year I successfully drew WY Area 68 for Antelope. This was a hunt my buddy and I had saved up points for years to do and we were looking forward to it. Unfortunately, two family members experienced life threatening medical emergencies at exactly the same time days before my departure. I had to call my buddy and tell him the hunt was off and hope WY Game & Fish would refund our tags and give our points back. After gathering tons of supporting information forms from doctors and sending it to WY Game & Fish, we got our money and points back... and applied for the same area again this year. Another successful draw (we got to experience THAT part two years in a row, LOL). Both family members are doing much better and we cant wait to head west this fall to chase Antelope and a few trout on the flyrod!

If anyone else drew WY Area 68 for Pronghorn Antelope, I would love to hear from you!

I will be hunting 68 antelope this year. I haven't hunted it before, just 67 and 57 in the last 10 years. I am looking forward to wandering around out there and also will be bringing my fly rod. I will spend quite a bit of time to find just the right goat. Good luck,

Rich
Rich... when are you hunting?

Not sure yet, haven't figure out when I will be there. I am usually a skip opening day kind of guy and wait until the middle of the season.

Rich

We’ll be next to you in a neighboring unit. Moisture looks good this year and so does horn growth. Hoping for an 80” buck, but I’m being realistic! Good luck to you guys.

Sounds like the moisture in NW and Northern Wyoming has been pretty good so far...cool weather and lots of green here in Idaho. Hoping for some great horn growth this year. Way less tags, but I have mine!

68 is not a crappy tag

Very crappy unit! Wish I could turn the damn tag back in. Not sure why anyone would wait 8 years for a 68 tag. Lots of 68" antelope. Most Wyoming antelope units are numbered by the size of the antelope in that particular area. I should of applied for area 90, lots of 90" goats there. Only Wyoming residents know this secret.

Very jealous of you getting to hunt antelope this year. I had a 63 last year and had a great time. Seen lots of average bucks and took me 5 days to find the buck I wanted to take home with me. I had to dump my buddy and hunt by myself after he kept trying to get me to just shoot something.

Screenshot_20220701-174526_Messages.jpg

Here's a 68 goat. Nothing big, but a decent, tall goat. He's about 2.5 miles away when the picture was taken. Still plenty of green grass.

Screenshot_20220701-180135_Messages.jpg

Another 68 goat.

Last edited:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom