Successful for statewide archery deer

dillon

Very Active Member
I got one this year, it showed up this morning online. It was the only thing charged on my card other than diapers in a week.

How about the rest of you archers? Any luck?

Dillon Hoyt
www.dillonhoyt.com

Drew gerneral archery deer. First time... kinda excited actually!

Congrats on the draw.

Muley

I have a charge for $35.....Not sure though whether its for the CWMU tag - 1st choice, or the General Archery tag - 2nd choice.

The day I'm unsuccessful for Utah arhery deer will be the day I move out of Utah...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

Actually next year some areas will not be easy to get. I imagine 2-3 years for a Panguitch Lake archery deer tag is on the way with the smaller units. But there will always be tags in some of the northern unit.

I am excited about the archery tag, because with the 6,000 tags they cut I would imagine a few guys switched to archery from rifle and muzzle loader. I bet it was not a guaranteed draw this year for the statewide archery tag. Last year almost all tags went as a first choice for statewide archery.

dillon----

Why on earth would you put in for Prem elk in 'that unit' when you would have been a lock for one of the bow bull tags?

You certainly are a bow hunter and I am just wondering.....as alot of us where pulling for ya on the bow bull and then ya did prem......

No big deal......

Robb

Time is not going to be in my favor this fall. I still have a year of school left, I will be working, and I need to give the wife and baby the time they deserve. So I put in for the Cache south premium with 9 points. I knew it was a long shot, but if I got it I would have been able to cover the whole unit and find a really nice bull, and bow hunt 3 hunts (including the rut).

I really want to hunt the Monroe or Pahvant with my bow, and this fall I won't have enough time to dedicate to hunting that far from Logan with my other commitments.

I felt the Cache South premium tag was better for me this year.

Now I will have 10 points (assuming I was unsuccessful), I am getting closer to drawing a tag I really want.

Dillon

LAST EDITED ON May-26-11 AT 04:37AM (MST)[p]Thanks Dillon........

Makes perfect sense.

I remember those days with family--work--college-----never a spare minute at times......BUT all well worth it now!

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom