Successful South Africa Hunting Trip

Justhunt14

I just returned from SA with a couple of friends, after 10 days of hunting with Ab Steyn Safari's, I will leave their stories out of this one as they can share them as they please, but all in all we claimed 27 trophy's taken with archery and some with rifles, we took 3 Kudu all over 50 inches, 3 Impala between 22 and 24 inches and 3 gemsbok all around 36 inches.
The accomodations provided by the outfitter are 5 star, the food, the lodging, the archery setups. The game we seen, it was unreal, I felt really catered to being most of my hunts are DIY in southern Utah.

The worst part about the trip is the flight, that is a long time to be on a plane.

My archery set up is a Mathews NOCAM, set at 70lbs, I shoot an easton axis 340 arrow at 29.5 inches, I tipped the arrow with 100 gr Muzzy Hybrid Trocar.
All shots where one shot one kill, the Kudu, gemsbok and warthog died within hundred yards of the blind, the Impala made it about 200 hundred yards as the shot was a bit high and they are known for ducking arrows, but it still did the job.
The trip, the outfitter, the animals that were offered was an outstanding experience, it was a check off the bucket list to go to SA with my bow. I would highly recommend it.
(I'm glad I never sold the hunt ?)
KIMG0344.JPG

IMG-20220804-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20220803-WA0061.jpg
IMG-20220803-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20220802-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220801-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220730-WA0026.jpg

Way cool, thanks for sharing! What was your favorite animal to hunt over there?

Way cool, thanks for sharing! What was your favorite animal to hunt over there?
It's crazy to think I traveled to the other side of the world originally for warthog, which I'm glad I got one on the last day I was there, but in the end it was the Kudu that seemed most exciting to hunt, they have a lot of the same characteristics of elk. I don't know much about them but apparently a 53 inch Kudu with a bow is quite an accomplishment, so when I told the skinner I wanted a flat skin with euro mount he about slapped me, and he caped it out anyway.

very nice. I am glad you were happy in the end and it all went well.
Yes me too, the trip from the airport to main camp was quite an interesting conversation, but by mid day it was easy to see that this outfitter wanted to do his best to accommodate us. Thank again Bill, for all your input.

Yes me too, the trip from the airport to main camp was quite an interesting conversation, but by mid day it was easy to see that this outfitter wanted to do his best to accommodate us. Thank again Bill, for all your input.
No problem at all just hope it all helped you with dealing with them and being treated right and got some good prices LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom