Sugar Bear

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The US Capitol Christmas Tree, I mean Holiday Tree, is coming from Six Rivers NF this year. It's a White Fir (piss fir). They smell like pee when you cut them down or mill them up. You can't give them away on a Christmas tree lot. Somebody named it Sugar Bear. It's traveling from the west coast of CA to Washington DC. They had a ceremony when they cut it down. Somehow I missed it.

The President should be required to cut the White House Christmas tree. That’s someone I could get behind.(y)

Eel, I liked cutting Piss Fir when I was falling timber. They grew like stove pipes, not much taper and were a nice soft wood. My 2100 Husky went through them like a hot knife through butter. The president, not my president doesn't deserve such a tree. How about a nice Coastal Bull Pine. They are crooked as a dogs hind leg, just like him!

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.19.34 AM.png

Eel, I liked cutting Piss Fir when I was falling timber. They grew like stove pipes, not much taper and were a nice soft wood. My 2100 Husky went through them like a hot knife through butter. The president, not my president doesn't deserve such a tree. How about a nice Coastal Bull Pine. They are crooked as a dogs hind leg, just like him!
We liked them in the sawmill too because they're soft. Most all of them were sent out to make pressure treated lumber. Hemlock too.

We have some trees that sound similar; I believe it’s a Balsam Fir. We have them and Blue Spruce. The balsam firs have dark blue or black cones.

I like to cut them for firewood, but if they lay around for long they get punky. They pop alot and smell really good when you burn them.:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom