Suggestions need for a new bow

dillon

Very Active Member
I am in the market for a new bow. Any suggestions?

Right now I have a Hoyt Alphamax 32 from 2009. It is a good bow, but I prefer longer bows like my good old Hoyt MagnaTec that was 37 inches axle to axle.

Thanks,

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

I used to shoot a Hoyt Turbohawk and recently made a switch. I went and shot a lot of the new bows and some older ones too, I ended up going with an elite energy 32 but the 35 was also an awesome shooter. Where you like the longer bow I would give the elite energy 35 a try.

The best bow is the one you are most comfortable shooting and like the feel of... Sorry but any current higher bow is awesome the only real differences will be feel and comfort. Bows are like boots they fit everyone a little different and what works well for others may not work well for you.

The best advice is get to a shop and shoot all the different bows they have and process of elimination down to the best option.

>The best bow is the one
>you are most comfortable shooting
>and like the feel of...
>Sorry but any current higher
>bow is awesome the only
>real differences will be feel
>and comfort. Bows are like
>boots they fit everyone a
>little different and what works
>well for others may not
>work well for you.
>
>The best advice is get to
>a shop and shoot all
>the different bows they have
>and process of elimination down
>to the best option.
>

This^^^^ as with most things in life.

I went looking today and shot five bows. I shot an Elite Energy 32 and an Elite Impulse 34 at my first stop. If I was looking for a 32 inch bow I would have walked away with the Energy. The Impulse did not fit me very well.

At my second stop I shot a Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34, a Defiant 34, and Nitrum that was on sell. Hands down the Defiant 34 with the aluminum riser was my favorite. It fit like a glove. I thought I would like the carbon bow more.

It really is amazing how some bows just don't feel right.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

We just got done shooting and reviewing 5 bows.
You really can't go wrong with one of the know bows.
We tested speed, accuracy, smoothness, recoil....
You can go read the review.

Mike

LAST EDITED ON May-23-16 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]I like the hoyt lineup. So many options to find a bow that fits me. Where other brands only have 1-2 models a year and they usaully dont fit me.

How hard are you going to use your bow? Like many others mentioned find a bow that fits best for your hunting needs. Pse pro bows are solid, fast and the most dependable bow I can think of. I do a lot of back country hunting and shoot every day. I also hunt in extremely cold weather and have had my Pse bows through all weather and conditions. I would definitely shoot one to compare with others. (Decree, evo)

I know a few guys that shoot the Hoyt to and they love them. Are you spot and stalk hunting or hunting tree stands for whitetail? Many variables when choosing a bow. Have fun buying one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom