Sun River insider info

jgriffin82

I'm going to be visiting Sun River in late July for about a week. I'm looking for a special MM'r willing to spill their guts about good fishing, hiking, shooting and wildlife viewing spots nearby. Of course, if I can't find that person, any general info about cool places to take the family would also be appreciated! Thanks.

Jim

Just a little tip on decent access to the Deschutes would be great! I promise I'm a terrible fisherman. I won't clean out your fishing hole.

Jim

The Fly Fishers Place has a weekly central oregon fishing report online that is quite good, plus general descriptions of the local waters. There are also quite a few books about hiking and fishing in Central Oregon that I am sure you can find at your local library if you want more detail.

Road and public property access is pretty good through the area. Depending on where you go, bring the best bug repellent you have and hope it’s enough…

Be sure to check the regs as some places don’t allow bait, and some are fly fishing only.

Lived here for 65 years, no secret spots.
You might see the elk off the road just past 1000 trails then continue to the cascade lakes hwy. hook a right and fly fish the little deschutes, swing past bachelor then back to sunriver. Paulina/east lakes might be worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom