Super Duper Mega Archery Buck

Founder

Founder Since 1999
What a buck, huh? Lee sent over these photos a couple days ago for the contest here on the site, but it was already over. But, thought I'd share them anyway. Figured some of you are like me and enjoy seeing super duper big bucks. :)

Lee wrote, "2020 archery buck. I got lucky and caught this buck bedded below some rocks. I was able to sneak in to 8 yards directly above the buck. I waited a couple hours for him to stand and move away from the cliff for a good shot. The shot was 12 yards. The deer is truly the buck of a lifetime for me. He is a 5x6 with 49 inches of mass and scores 231 6/8 P&Y."

Thanks a bunch Lee for sharing your success. I certainly enjoy seeing the photos. Congrats to you as well on a sweet find, stalk and take.

Huge Buck.jpg

The Stalk.jpg

Huge Buck at 8 Yards.jpg

Trophy Archery Buck.jpg

Trophy Archery Buck 2.jpg

Trophy Archery Buck 3.jpg

Here's some video just before the buck stood and he sent the arrow. How exciting!

Last edited:
Very cool experience! Happy it turned in your favor! Those scenarios are so rare on a buck of that caliber that you’ll probably never duplicate a sequence of events like that again in your hunting career. Congrats!

Very cool experience! Happy it turned in your favor! Those scenarios are so rare on a buck of that caliber that you’ll probably never duplicate a sequence of events like that again in your hunting career. Congrats!
Very true. I had my eye on this buck since early July and never seen him bedded there. I assume he went there that day because it was extremely hot and the wind was blowing very hard.

SAGE, you must have ice running through the old veins!! One of the coolest archery mule deer hunting opportunities that I have ever seen!! What a stud buck! Congratulations man, simply awesome!

SAGE, you must have ice running through the old veins!! One of the coolest archery mule deer hunting opportunities that I have ever seen!! What a stud buck! Congratulations man, simply awesome!
It was a nerve racking experience for sure. I shook for almost an hour after I walked up on him. He is a super special animal to say the least. I feel pretty lucky.

Thanks it was tricky to get but with the high wind I took the chance. I'm glad I did. I just uploaded the video. Enjoy.
I was thinking the very same thing when I saw that picture!! Dang cool. I wouldn't have the marbles to pull that off.
Congrats on a great buck and thanks for the pictures.

World class buck and great pics. Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats on a super buck. That bed looks like a place a guy should watch in the future. Great shade and a spot where one may lay in the future.

World class buck and great pics. Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats on a super buck. That bed looks like a place a guy should watch in the future. Great shade and a spot where one may lay in the future.
This is true. Years past I've only seen does and fawns bedded there. I'm glad I checked there that day. I assume the change in weather was there reason he bedded there that day. Either way I'll take it. It was a dream situation to find him after not seeing him for several days.

Had you ever practiced shooting down like that? A lot of guys probably would not even know how or where to hold/aim for that shot.

Had you ever practiced shooting down like that? A lot of guys probably would not even know how or where to hold/aim for that shot.
I do practice alot of downhill shots but not at 8 yards. The angle was so steep I would have had to expose myself 100% to pull off the shot. I had a feeling at some point he would move out away from the rock for a good shot. I ended up shooting him right where the sleeping buck was laying in the video.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom